Newly Diagnosed! Lots and Lots of Questions

Autumn2020

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Autumn2020, welcome to the forum.

Over the years I have become more tolerant of some foods, so for breakfast I normally a big (Harry Potter) mug of coffee with milk, and some combination of mushrooms, couple of tomatoes or eggs on one slice of Burgen bread (a lower carb bread) or 1 or 2 slices of Hovis Nimble. Lunch is generally a salad of some sort - lots of greenery, maybe ham/boiled eggs/cheese and a cuppa tea, and the odd Nature Valley Protein Bar.

I second the advice of getting a meter - ignore any nurse or medic who says don't bother. It's the only way to monitor your progress and discover which foods you can tolerate. It's your life after all, not theirs!

There is a low carb version of pizza dough called 'Fathead' (no idea why) which we use at home. The recipe is somewhere here, and as I'm not techy maybe someone else can find it if you can't get to it.

All the best to you. You sound well on your way to good control :)
Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to look into getting a metre. And I will look into the pizza dough, thanks for that. I still need to sit down and have a good look through the forum, recipies ect x