admc26

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi! I've just joined, as I'm sure you can tell by the title. I'm type 1 and have been for 11 years now! I joined because I don't really know anyone else who's diabetic so am intrigued on other people's experience of it, since I only have my experience to go off really.

Ralph-YK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Welcome to the forum Admc25.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi @admc26 and welcome to the forum :) You have come to the right place! I have no experience of T1 but there are plenty of people here who have, and I'm sure they'll be along shortly. It's a huge knowledge base here so any questions, there is bound to be someone who can provide an answer. You may well be one of those people as you surely have a lot of experience having been T1 for 11 years!

Nice to have you on board :)

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi and welcome from me too.

I have only been diagnosed 20months but learned most of what I know from this forum, together with attending a DAFNE course a year ago. It is great to have people you can compare notes with and whilst we are all different, you can pick up lots of tips and useful info from what works for other people and it gives you ideas for experimenting to improve your own management.
Are you on MDI or a pump and which insulin(s) do you use. Do you have Freestyle Libre?
Are there any particular areas of your diabetes management that you find particularly tricky or just the usual frustrations of things changing just when you think you are on top of it and getting a few days of good reading strung together.

Anyway, look forward to hearing more about you. If you are looking for a more social aspect then the "7 day waking average" thread is a good place to get to know people and report your morning fasting reading and maybe exchange a snippet of information about your plans for the day or any special events. It is a huge thread so don't feel like you have to read right through it, just jump right in tomorrow morning if you like.... you will soon get the gist of it and make some virtual friends, I am sure.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @admc26

Well done on you 11 years of successful pancreas impersonation :D

T1 can be a lonely business going it alone, and it can be very helpful (not to mention informative!) to connect to others living with the same condition day-to-day.

What insulin(s) gadgets and gizmos do you use as part of your diabetes kitbag? Are you a carb counter? DAFNE graduate? Pump user? MDI? Sensors or smart BG meter?

Look forward to hearing more of your story :)

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @

Very pleased that you have joined. It is a lonely journey with T1 on your own, and I have found that this is a great place to connect with others, and I have certainly learnt most of what I know about day to day management from others on here, and I have been kept u to date on the latest tech available.

If you would like to it would be great to hear more from you.
How do you manage your T1? MDI or Pump? Have you got Libre?

Ditto

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello and welcome to the forum @admc26 :)