Nanan

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I was diagnosed with Type1 in June 2022 aged 58. I'm told by my health professionals that I am managing it well but often feel it's a constant battle.

Hello there @Nanan and may I be the first to welcome you to the forum.

Hi and welcome from another late starter with Type 1. I was 55 at diagnosis.

It takes a lot of getting your head around in order to balance BG levels and even then they throw a wobbler from time to time. Have you had any intensive education like a DAFNE (Dose Adjustment For Normal Eating) course or whatever your local equivalent is? It is usually a week long course but can be broken down into 4 or 5 single days. This can really give you confidence to adjust your doses to manage your diabetes better.

Which insulins are you using?

I see from your other post that you are struggling to manage when your levels go high. How high are they?

Do you have a Constant Glucose Monitor (CGM) like Libre or Dexcom to help you track your levels.

Hi @Nanan , a warm welcome to you to the forum!

The word that I sometimes hear about diabetes is 'relentless'. There are no days off, but there are 'off-days'. However, I'm not looking to silver-line anything here, I'm simply hoping that you might find this forum useful - on the good days and the bad. We have a great support network here with Users who have a lot of gathered knowledge and experience, always keen to help and support. If you get overwhelmed - feel free to rant, if you're stuck - share any questions. You're amongst friends and people who understand.

Hi @Nanan and welcome to the forum - I too am late to the party, 47 at diagnosis. 2 years ago (almost the same time as you) - it is very daunting to start with and unfortunately it will be constant - but I really hope by asking questions and listening to the shared experiences from the wonderful people on here it will become a bit easier - Is there anything in particular you feel is a constant battle? Ask anything (even if you think it's trivial - we are all here to help and support

Back