Hello and welcome to the forum @Lyndibe112 ! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?
Hi , I am 64 still work full time as a manager in a very hectic stressful warehouse , went for a MOT health check and out of that blood test was informed I was pre diabetic, type 2 ,was a bit off a shock. I am now looking at my diet which has not been great to be honest , frequently not eating all day then stuffing my face with anything when I get home . So now will start to look at what I am eating , had a severe telling off from the diabetic nurse , for not making time at work to eat ! I am going to prep better starting tomorrow for meals , started reading threads on here so much useful information as was feeling lost and didn’t know where to start but realised eating way way to many carbs in processed quick foods.

Hi , I am 64 still work full time as a manager in a very hectic stressful warehouse , went for a MOT health check and out of that blood test was informed I was pre diabetic, type 2 ,was a bit off a shock. I am now looking at my diet which has not been great to be honest , frequently not eating all day then stuffing my face with anything when I get home . So now will start to look at what I am eating , had a severe telling off from the diabetic nurse , for not making time at work to eat ! I am going to prep better starting tomorrow for meals , started reading threads on here so much useful information as was feeling lost and didn’t know where to start but realised eating way way to many carbs in processed quick foods.
You are only in the prediabetic zone so a review of your diet to make some modest changes with better eating plan should be sufficient. But if you don't want to eat during the day then having a filling breakfast with plenty of protein and healthy fats rather than a carb heavy meal should carry you through to dinner. But then having something, a proper meal that can be ready promptly rather than just grabbing junk will go a long way of getting you on track. Meals don't need to be complicated or time consuming to prepare if you plan well.
You may find the ideas in the link a good place to start.
Staying well hydrated when at work is important so make time for that at the very least.

As someone also in their 60s, I admire you very much for still working full time! I'm semi-retired now and I find it so much easier to have the time and energy for eating carefully and exercising (and resting). Managing diabetes effectively can be a time-consuming occupation in its own right.

You are only in the prediabetic zone so a review of your diet to make some modest changes with better eating plan should be sufficient. But if you don't want to eat during the day then having a filling breakfast with plenty of protein and healthy fats rather than a carb heavy meal should carry you through to dinner. But then having something, a proper meal that can be ready promptly rather than just grabbing junk will go a long way of getting you on track. Meals don't need to be complicated or time consuming to prepare if you plan well.
Staying well hydrated when at work is important so make time for that at the very least.
Another down fall just terrible at drinking water as well , but I am going to try harder at this

Another down fall just terrible at drinking water as well , but I am going to try harder at this
Try using one of the reusable water bottles with time measures printed on the side. I had one with 2 hour intervals that you filled twice a day. I kept it on my desk at work. A quick glance shows if you are drinking enough. Also regular small drinks better than large glasses in one go.

As someone also in their 60s, I admire you very much for still working full time! I'm semi-retired now and I find it so much easier to have the time and energy for eating carefully and exercising (and resting). Managing diabetes effectively can be a time-consuming occupation in its own right.
Thank you , I am going to have to plan meals so I know what I need to shop for and cook , you are right it does seem very time consuming but I know I have got to do this , planning before my week starts again will be my key .
Try using one of the reusable water bottles with time measures printed on the side. I had one with 2 hour intervals that you filled twice a day. I kept it on my desk at work. A quick glance shows if you are drinking enough. Also regular small drinks better than large glasses in one go.
Very good idea for me thank you

Hello I'm newly diagnosed too so can't really give much advice but just wanted to say welcome to the forum

Back