Newbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I am type 2 but recently spiked and at point of maybe having to go to injections.
Thanks for forum and I look forward to having others to share with.
Thanks in anticipation,
Bobden.

Hi. Have you modified your diet to keep the carbs down? Are you over or under weight? What meds are you currently having?

Yes, altered diet especially carbs and sugars. Have shed 2+ stones over past year but still overweight and now on diabetic meds that cause increase in weight along with Metf.
On many other meds because of Arthritis, Chronic Heart Disease, and Cancer. Unable to excercise due to Arthritis etc. otherwise all well! thanks for asking!

Yes, altered diet especially carbs and sugars. Have shed 2+ stones over past year but still overweight and now on diabetic meds that cause increase in weight along with Metf.
On many other meds because of Arthritis, Chronic Heart Disease, and Cancer. Unable to excercise due to Arthritis etc. otherwise all well! thanks for asking!
Yes it is not really helpful to have medication for one thing which does not help something else, but well done on the weight loss so far.
Depending on what other diabetic medication you are taking there may be some scope for reducing your carbs a bit more. What would be a typical day's menu as people may spot some problem foods which are increasing blood glucose. What level are you going up to, I assume you have a home monitor so some strategic testing of your meals may help.

Welcome to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back