Newbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn_Leaf94

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hello i am 28years old and I have been recently diagnosed pre diabetic and I have started the healthier you, 9 month programme in my area to start making changes to my life style i also have family history of type 2, Would like to make friends and support people who is going through the same journey 🙂

Welcome @Autumn_Leaf94 🙂 It sounds like you’ve made a great start😎
I feel like I have started on the right foot but I know there are going to be hurdles on the way but as my healthier you coach said today success is not a straight line and when you have a bad day get up brush yourself off and start again 🙂 if you don't mind me asking Inka what's your story ? 🙂

I’m Type 1 @Autumn_Leaf94 and have been for almost 30 years. Getting tedious now! I use an insulin pump and wear a Dexcom G7 sensor on my arm. I find this forum great. It’s so nice to be amongst so many friendly, helpful people. It really makes me feel less alone. I hope you find lots of benefits too 🙂

Hi Autumn_Leaf94, welcome to the forum.

Glad to see that you're being so proactive as it's more likely you can prevent becoming diabetic. It's also good to know that you've got such a hands on support system where you live to keep things on track.

We've got lots of info on the forum and on our main site so do have a look around and let us know if we can help in any way.

Hi it's good you are trying to prevent diabetes. Iv been diagnosed 3 weeks I feel really depressed but I'm trying my best to loose weight and eat healthy I find I don't like food now n lost my appetite. I'm going to call my Dr tomorrow morning as I feel really depressed. I eat healthy now n I find on metformin tablets I can't always keep my food down iv been sick a few times. I'm wondering if it's normal on metformin tablet for type 2 diabetes. Is unable to eat much normal on the metformin?

Hi it's good you are trying to prevent diabetes. Iv been diagnosed 3 weeks I feel really depressed but I'm trying my best to loose weight and eat healthy I find I don't like food now n lost my appetite. I'm going to call my Dr tomorrow morning as I feel really depressed. I eat healthy now n I find on metformin tablets I can't always keep my food down iv been sick a few times. I'm wondering if it's normal on metformin tablet for type 2 diabetes. Is unable to eat much normal on the metformin?
I know a couple of people in Metformin and they all seem to eat without any problems. I hope your GP has some answers for you 🙂

Metformin can have unfortunate effects for some people but it can settle down or the slow release version is tolerated better. Taking mid meal can help. I have also heard that people get a metallic taste with some foods.
I didn't see what your HbA1C is but if not desperately high dietary changes maybe sufficient. This link may help you with some ideas for that but even with the metformin they will be needed anyway.

Metformin can have unfortunate effects for some people but it can settle down or the slow release version is tolerated better. Taking mid meal can help. I have also heard that people get a metallic taste with some foods.
I didn't see what your HbA1C is but if not desperately high dietary changes maybe sufficient. This link may help you with some ideas for that but even with the metformin they will be needed anyway.
Thank you

Hello i am 28years old and I have been recently diagnosed pre diabetic and I have started the healthier you, 9 month programme in my area to start making changes to my life style i also have family history of type 2, Would like to make friends and support people who is going through the same journey 🙂
Hello and welcome to the forum! How is the healthier your programme going? So good to hear that you are looking to make lifestyle changes. If you're looking for friends and support then you have come to the right place 🙂

Hello and welcome to the forum! How is the healthier your programme going? So good to hear that you are looking to make lifestyle changes. If you're looking for friends and support then you have come to the right place 🙂
hello maria, i had my introduction session yesterday and was given our workbooks, i am the youngest in the session which is fun lol 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back