Newbie type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helenf62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello I would like to know what’s the best hot chocolate I’ve try some and it want straight in the sink

Why - what did you not like about them and which makes were they?

Oh - why on earth do you have any necessity to drink that?

Hello I would like to know what’s the best hot chocolate I’ve try some and it want straight in the sink
I'm not sure what you have tried but the ones which would be lower carb 6.5g per serving would be something like Options but they will have artificial sweeteners.
The more standard Hot Chocolate will be high carb 20g per serving rather too many to be having for a drink if you are trying to manage your condition by diet.

Welcome to the forum
Would you like to say a bit about yourself, how long have you been diagnosed, what is your HbA1C and have you been prescribed any medication and what dietary regime do you follow, that is if you are willing to share as it helps people make appropriate comments.
Is there anything that you would like help with at the moment as people are very willing to answer any questions.

A "milky" drink in a decent sized mug is going to be getting on for 15g of carbs for the milk alone. The standard Cadbury product will double that to around 30g, getting on for a full meal's worth. Even those formulated for use with just hot water are still on the high side because of the added sugar. So best avoided as a habit.

The lowest carb option would be to make your own with unsweetened cocoa powder & use xylitol as the sugar substitute. Better still if you can dilute the milk with water.

But tea or coffee with just a splash of milk would be a much better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back