Status
Not open for further replies.

angelfruit

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi I’m T2
I was on Metformin SR but very bad side effects
Now on Gliclazide but doesn’t seem to do anything
I have a virus at the moment and walked my dog for the first time since mid-December BG was15.4 before eating lunch. Two hours later, after walk and water, up to 24.8.
Am I doing something wrong?

Hi and welcome to the forum 🙂

What did you eat for your lunch? Illness can affect levels but that is rather high, if your in the UK I'd be tempted to give 111 a ring and ask for their advice
xx

Hi and welcome from me too. What changes have you made to your diet to manage your diabetes or do you rely on the medication alone?

Hi and welcome to the forum 🙂

What did you eat for your lunch? Illness can affect levels but that is rather high, if your in the UK I'd be tempted to give 111 a ring and ask for their advice
xx

Hi and thank you for the reply.
Just had some pate and toast as food tastes like nothing at the moment. I am on Day 2 of 3 days of steroids for inflammation from the infection. Drinking plenty of water too. Just having steak and veggies for dinner this evening x

Hi and thank you for the reply.
Just had some pate and toast as food tastes like nothing at the moment. I am on Day 2 of 3 days of steroids for inflammation from the infection. Drinking plenty of water too. Just having steak and veggies for dinner this evening x
how do you generally react to bread? many diabetics find they cant tolerate it and I wouldn't have advised it on such a high level to begin with xx

I agree with what the others have said, I am also thinking that steroids can impact on the numbers and that bread was maybe not the best choice, is this something you usually eat? Do you watch your carb intake at all or do you manage it in a different way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back