newbie advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn12

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Hi. im Dawn and have today been told that im pre diabetic. I'm scared as I also have an eating disorder. I was wondering if anyone here is in the same position

Hi Dawn, welcome to the forum. It is scary to be told something like this but believe me when I say, it is manageable with a few life changes.
I sympathise with your eating disorder and think you are extremely brave to be so honest about it. I have a history with both anorexia and bulimia so I do understand.
How did your pre diagnosis come about? What do you eat now? You will find loads of support here, everyone is really friendly :D

I was feeling unwell about 6 weeks ago and the gp did some blood test as there is a history of diabetes in the family. They told me that the results were negative and I wasn't diabetic and there was nothing wrong. However this morning I received a letter saying I am pre diabetic and they would like me to attend a healthy lifestyle course which they are trying to set up.

I life of junk. I restrict during the day and then at night eat everything I can. 4 years ago I was anorexic and very underweight and have since developed ednos

Sounds like you have had some tough times Dawn, I hope you are getting some emotional support? Have they asked to see you again to talk you through what pre diabetic means?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back