Madeline

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi Samantha, and welcome

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Thank you I really appreciate it I really could do with more support like getting proper health checks like going to the doctors regular for blood pressure checks and so on Cuz I think I need it and getting properly monitored and stuff
When not in the Covid situation I tend to write into my diary when I am due a check. I have mine every 6 months. I then make an appointment at the appropriate time, rather than rely on them contacting me. I only have myself to monitor appointments the Practice have hundreds of us.

I also use the 15-Healthcare essentials list to make sure that I get all the appropriate checks for me. I also find it helpful to keep a list of these outcomes for my own comparison. A lot of this is now available online but I still like to see a written list.

I know that the current situation is limiting the checks that the Practices are making but telephone appointments seem to work well. Do phone them if you are worried.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Can you afford to buy yourself a BP monitor so you can do it at home and keep an eye on it, without having to visit the docs all the while?

Irbesartan isn't usually the first choice of BP treatment I don't think - thought it more likely to have been a CCB first off - or is that no longer the case?

HenryBennett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Welcome. As you see already, a good place to be - loads of helpful, supportive people.

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just wanted to join the chorus of hellos :)

And to second the suggestion of buying your own BP monitor and BG meter too if you can afford it. Being able to test your blood glucose levels is invaluable and being able to test BP is useful.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @Sammybrown87

I’d echo @SB2015’s suggestion of looking up the ‘15 healthcare essentials’ so that you can see the regular checks and support that you are supposed to have access to.

Last edited:

ColinUK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi Samantha,

Can you tell us more about you perhaps? It’s help us get a fuller picture of you and that’s useful as you’re talking a lot about medical issues here. Not that about of us are medical folk but it’s useful when people do share their own stories.

Obviously there may be things you’re not computable to share but if you could tell us even basics like how old you are and how you came to be diagnosed T2 that would be fantastic.