Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello I’m samantha I have type 2 diabetes

Last edited by a moderator:

Lisa66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello Samantha

Are you new to diabetes as well as the forum?

Welcome along.

Sammybrown87

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yes I was diagnosed with type two diabetes in January and I’m on Metformin and irbesartan

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Sammy and welcome from me too.

How did your diagnosis come about? Are you on any medication? Do you know what your HbA1c is.... that is the blood test result which is used to diagnose you and is usually a number greater than 47 but may also be expressed as a percentage... which is the old form of measuring it.

Sammybrown87

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yes I’m on metformin and ibrsartsn I take metformin twice and irbarstan once

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I see you posted your medication as I was typing.
Top tip is to make sure you take the Metformin mid meal with a substantial amount of food as it has a reputation for digestive upset.... it is not unaffectionately referred to as "Metfartin" for nothing! ;) :eek:

LucyDUK

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Welcome @Sammybrown87

How have you been since diagnosis? Did you have any symptoms and has the medication helped?

If there’s any questions you have about any aspect of diabetes, meds, diet, etc just ask - there’s bound to be someone here who knows the answer or has experience to share.

Sammybrown87

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Can diabetes make you have dizzy spells cuz 4weeks ago I collapsed and couldn’t get up I was rushed to my hospital they told me it was vertigo then a minegrain then an ear infection but my heart rate went up a bit 133/94 something like that I’m just wondering and I have a heart murmur

Bruce Stephens

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Can diabetes make you have dizzy spells cuz 4weeks ago I collapsed and couldn’t get up I was rushed to my hospital they told me it was vertigo then a minegrain then an ear infection but my heart rate went up a bit 133/94 something like that I’m just wondering and I have a heart murmur
Low blood glucose can, but that doesn't seem likely for you. I'd guess Irbesartan is a more likely cause: https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/irbesartan/ lists dizziness as a possible side effect (I guess because it's lowering blood pressure).

Lisa66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I would tend to agree with Bruce. All the things suggested can cause that horrible unbalanced feeling too....not nice. Do you feel ok now? Has it happened again. If it has its worth checking in with your GP.

Bruce Stephens

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I get the odd dizzy spell but nothing more really
Worth mentioning to your GP. Maybe your blood pressure is a bit low now, for example. (There are many causes of this kind of balance issue, and it's a really common (over a lifetime) symptom. Some of them can be fixed, but I think quite often the cause isn't diagnosed and it just goes away after a while.)

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Welcome to the forum @Sammybrown87

This is a great place for any questions that you have, and also for support.

Sammybrown87

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Thank you I really appreciate it I really could do with more support like getting proper health checks like going to the doctors regular for blood pressure checks and so on Cuz I think I need it and getting properly monitored and stuff