New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, glad you found us. A very friendly bunch here. Me, am going on Tuesday to have a first look at insulin pumps, having been diagnosed 2.5 years ago at age of 42.

Yeah there so good . I prefer it to the injections and so much more easier to use especially when out and about with friends.

Welcome to the forum, Milsey moo. Everyone is welcome (apart from spammers), whatever their connection with diabetes, of any type and any treatment.

Welcome Milsey Moo.

I joined this forum about a year ago and I have learnt so much in a short time from all the very helpful people on here who are happy to answer any questions.

Hi Milsey Moo
Welcome aboard, the folk here are very nice and have a lot of really useful info. I'm a stabber not a pumper, but there are lots of pumpers here too. It's a mixed forum so we have people with type 1 who've had it for 50 years or so, people like me and Stephknits (and you sb2015?) who are late blooming flowers and were diagnosed with T1 in our 40s or 50s, parents of kids with T1, there's a few others who are LADA, then a small group who are are diabetic because of pancreas removal (partial or full), we've at least one person who has MODY and quite a lot of folk who have type 2 of which there is lots of variation. So we're a diverse bunch just trying to support each other. There's the occasional spat but mostly we run along very nicely. We have lots of folk who are into low carb high fat diets, lots who are not and people who are actively dealing with some quite varied complications so there's usually someone with experience with most things you can think of. Hope you find it useful 🙂

HI and welcome Milsey Moo - this is a great site for info and support.:D

Hi welcome to the forum. I am into the 53rd year of living with T1 and it has been a hard slog at times and since joining the forum I have learnt such a lot and tried different approaches out and found some have really helped and other didn't suit. I am on a pump now and it has made such a difference being able to take different basal rates for my different needs during 24 hours. I have a much better knowledge of how T2s manage and there is always someone around who will help with a problem.

jusme

Pumping since 2011/2012. Think this forum will be good for me due to me not having anyone to talk to about how I feel.

Hi Milsey! One of the ancients here, but still a kid according to some LOL. If I stay like this until August, that'll be 45 years and no complications, except background retinopathy which has never got any worse and rapidly developed cataracts - OK so I could have had them anyway, but dangnabbit, they have progressed a bit quick for my liking, for which the D is responsible. But anyway I'm on the list to get the first one sorted and it's only a 20 minute job now instead of a major opus, so that's easily sorted.

So - how DO you feel? Have a good rant if you want to - it's far more therapeutic than kicking the cat, and much kinder on you as well as puss! We all need to have a good blast from time to time - Let it go! (as the blonde princess tells us to)

Welcome from a T2 who's now 16 months in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back