New Year Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkGeordie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I generally like to keep it simple but effective and include things that might not be a resolution, but perhaps a goal or just something new to start in your day to day life. Mine this year are -

1. Drink more water each day.

2. Start keeping a journal and for this I purchased a excellent one from Amazon which has everything in I wanted.

3. Save more, question everything I intend to spend and budget better to be more financially stable.

I generally like to keep it simple but effective and include things that might not be a resolution, but perhaps a goal or just something new to start in your day to day life. Mine this year are -

1. Drink more water each day.

2. Start keeping a journal and for this I purchased a excellent one from Amazon which has everything in I wanted.

3. Save more, question everything I intend to spend and budget better to be more financially stable.
Good resolutions there. Can I ask for an example sort of notes you will be putting in your journal? Is the journal from Amazon a plain one?

Get out for a walk every day..... I'm struggling already to motivate myself but just about to pull on and lace up my walking boots and head up the hill..... Need to remember that changing things happens one day at a time and one small step at a time.

We have latched in to two things which we think are achievable and useful
1 drink a glass of water with every meal​
2 do some sort of activity every day. At the end of the day if we haven’t done anything we just go for a walk after our evening meal (except when we don’t because ….. all resolutions will wobble sometimes)​

My resolutions are
1. Put the green bin out
2. Lose weight
3. Get out of the house more

I don't usually do new years resolutions. If I should change something, I just work on changing it there n then 🙂

I will continue trying my best to:
Keep loosing weight and stay motivated.
Keep trying to get up and out more.
Have a decent hba1c at some point this year.

How has Day 1 gone @MarkGeordie with your resolutions? I've walked about 6 miles today at a brisk pace so I'm doing well so far! I will be dialing back my basal dose tonight!

Mine is not to make one then your never disappointed 🙂

Good resolutions there. Can I ask for an example sort of notes you will be putting in your journal? Is the journal from Amazon a plain one?
More just a reflection of each day with a monthly review was what I was thinking. I will just use a planner type journal I found on Amazon.

How has Day 1 gone @MarkGeordie with your resolutions? I've walked about 6 miles today at a brisk pace so I'm doing well so far! I will be dialing back my basal dose tonight!
I got a water bottle as a gift, so I filled it up with water throughout the day, ensured I sipped regularly and drank water with meals.

Did my first journal entry which was a few sentences.

Spending wise - reviewed DDs, created a budget and planner of when bills come out bank.

Going good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back