New Walking Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
As many will know I am.a LBKA (Left Below Knee Knee Amputation) amputee due to PAD (Peripheral Arterial Disease) as a result of long term Type I (over 50 years). I had my amputation during the initial lockdowns around 9 months after my initial referral to Vascular! This went pear shaped after a few months and I had to wait over eighteen months for revision surgery. As a result my quads, gluts and lower back muscles to the left became very weak. Anyway today after my podiatry visit I set a new personal record. OK 257 steps is not a lot bit considering I was at zero it is a big improvement. Next step (no pun intended) is 500, then 1000, then 2000...

Screenshot_20231114-221515~2.png

Congratulations and well done! It has been a slow journey but hope you feel like you are starting to make proper progress now! It should also help your remaining foot to heal by stimulating the blood flow.
Really delighted for you!

Well done. So proud of you.

Well done!

Thank you all! I upp'd the game earlier but still a way to go on strength and stamina Would like to get to position where I can walk the quarter mile to high street and have a coffee. It's only a small high street with a Tesco Metro, a cafe, butcher, village stores, traditional hardware shop, hairdresser ,newsagent and two estate agents!

Screenshot_20231116-125825.png

Well done. That’s absolutely marvellous, you must feel such an achievement.
I can’t begin to imagine what it must feel like with only one leg. When I tore the ligaments in my left ankle last Christmas I was bereft and frustrated as heck as I couldn’t get out for my usual hikes. Along with reading, walking is one of my great loves and the thought of never been able to do it or read a book is a great incentive for me to keep my BGs in check. Obviously I’m only a new starter compared to you and have the help of the Libre, MDI, DAFNE, and of course the lovely people on this forum to help me along the way.
Keep going @MikeyBikey you’ll be running soon!

Excellent. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back