New to this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geminimum

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi all ive been reading through some of the posts here trying to get myself into diabetic mode! i was diagnosed about 2 years ago with Type 2 and i always said id never have diabetes, but of course age, weight, and loving all food it landed on m doorstep.
I go through phases, one time im so good take meds and eat well, then i forget one lot of meds and all falls apart, i dont want to be diabetic, but i suppose all diabetics say that, you all seem to be doing so well and here i am fancying bottle of flippin lucozade!
Im sure i'll get it one day, im hoping its not too late!
Mo

Hello Mo and welcome to the forum.

We all have good days and bad days, so don't beat yourself up for forgetting your tablets. Everyone forgets their medication sometimes.

Many of us have found diabetes is a learning curve, that is the positive that has come out of it for me. I now have more knowledge, although we are learning all the time.

Read through the threads and ask as many questions as you like. Asking questions helps us all as some times it is a question we hadn't thought of asking and some times others answers are things we hadn't thought of.

Hi Mo and welcome. No I don't suppose any of us want to be diabetic - it's vile but there are worse things to have. I kept my head in the sand for 3 years until things got steadily worse. Now I do all I can to stay well and I do feel much better.
Please look after yourself. I find looking in here on a daily basis and taking notice of all the advice helps me a lot.

Afternoon and a warm welcome to the forum hun, ask anything anytime we are all such a lovely group of people with one thing in common diabetes so what we dont know about diabetes you could write on a postage stamp x:D

Geminimum - yes, complicated and annoying, isn't it? Just when you think you've got it sussed, something else comes along to change things. However, not losing your job because of a diagnosis of diabetes and having supportive colleagues and husband is a bonus. As you know, diet and medications are very important features of managing diabetes, but there are 2 other, equally important aspects - physical exercise / activity, which can help control both weight and blood glucose levels; and self blood glucose monitoring to see how your actions affect your levels (because that will be different to anyone else). Not necessarily sport / gym, just walking a decent amount and speed almost every day, building up to, say 2 miles in 30 mins. Forgetting one lot of meds isn't the end of the world, as long as you remember next time.

hi mo and welcome along to the forum 🙂

Afternoon and a warm welcome to the forum hun, ask anything anytime we are all such a lovely group of people with one thing in common diabetes so what we dont know about diabetes you could write on a postage stamp x:D

In my case, so long as the postage stamp is 10ft by 10ft and double-sided, that should be sufficient! :D

Anyway, welcome to the forum geminimum.

Andy 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back