New to this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matchless

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi every one my name is Andrew and i live with my wife in france since 1999, I am 70 years old been diabetic for about 32 years,i started pumping with a animas vibe for 4 years and now have a medtronic 640g which have been very happy with,

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum. 🙂 I only started pumping fairly recently with the 640G but loving it so far. Have you got a Matchless bike?

Hi Andrew - we're Francophiles and live not far from the National Motorcycle Museum so going round it with my husband was with the commentary Oh I've ridden one of those every 5 paces, or My mate Mickie had one of them LOL.

OTOH of course - perhaps you used to work at Bryant & May? LOL

Tell us more - and welcome to our merry band !

Welcome to the forum Matchless.

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum. 🙂 I only started pumping fairly recently with the 640G but loving it so far. Have you got a Matchless bike?
Hi matt Wow what a quick response No to your question unfortunately i sold my G50 years ago which i raced when i was single to help a house move in England and have regretted it ever since. i did borrow a matchless G9 for a short while but the owner was concerned that i had no insurance but i am always dreaming to have bike one day but i do not have much spare money on a pension with brexit wrecking the exchange rate, yours Andrew

Hi Andrew - we're Francophiles and live not far from the National Motorcycle Museum so going round it with my husband was with the commentary Oh I've ridden one of those every 5 paces, or My mate Mickie had one of them LOL.

Hi jenny what a quick reply ok right i live in the south charente in a traditional charentai house with 2ft+ thick walls 1 hour north of Bordeaux ,No i did not work for bryant and may didn't they make matches ? i I was a tool maker till i got diabetes the stress played havoc with my control as you know i then started working for my self decorating and light building then my wife had a accident and stopped working that is when we decided to come to france were we have loved it ever since, sorry but i have not a clue were the bike museum is ,i had withdraw symptoms for a lot of years after i sold my last bike i could not even watch it on tv, We have three sons of which 2 live here in France and 1 still in england. sorry jenny but i am a bit slow what your OTOH LOL abbreviations mean yours Andrew

OTOH = On the other hand
LOL = Laugh out loud. (can mean I'm joking)

The Motorcycle Museum is virtually smack in the middle of England close to B'ham airport.

We'll be closer to you in June, but not that close - near Parthenay in our motorhome - without either motorbike though, they're too big and heavy.

The Motorcycle Museum is virtually smack in the middle of England close to B'ham airport.

We'll be closer to you in June, but not that close - near Parthenay in our motorhome - without either motorbike though, they're too big and heavy.
ok I thought you lived hear I have not been to England since my father died about 8 years ago

Ok I thought you lived in France.Parthenay is about 200 k north from us , I have not been to England for years ,

Welcome

Hello and welcome Matchless 🙂

Good to hear you're happy with your insulin pump, I'm another happy Medtronic 640g user. 🙂

Hello and welcome Matchless 🙂

Good to hear you're happy with your insulin pump, I'm another happy Medtronic 640g user. 🙂
yes i am happy overall but air bubbles are allways difficult to purge , my first pump was a animas vibe which i had no problems with air bubbles ,i could do a cannula and reservoir change in about 5 min with the animas , how do you get on with filling the 640g reservoir ?

Hi matt Wow what a quick response No to your question unfortunately i sold my G50 years ago which i raced when i was single to help a house move in England and have regretted it ever since. i did borrow a matchless G9 for a short while but the owner was concerned that i had no insurance but i am always dreaming to have bike one day but i do not have much spare money on a pension with brexit wrecking the exchange rate, yours Andrew

My Dad was into his bikes and had an Ariel 350 before we were born. He said he wanted a 500 but couldn't afford it. He had an accident with my Mum riding pillion out in Derbyshire. My Mum said both of them seemed okay but shaken up and a passing motorist gave my Mum a lift home but my Dad insisting on riding his bike back. He obviously wasn't right because he had another much more serious accident on the way back and never rode again after that. Because of that my Mum never wanted any of us to have a motorbike so I've always stuck to pedal power!

In terms of the 640G I haven't had too many problems with the reservoir (similar to syringes and vials of old - move the plunger up and down a few times, inject the air and let the insulin fill up on its own whilst tapping any bubbles and slowly pushing them out with the plunger) and have got a set change down to around 3-4 minutes.

Hi Matt yes I have done every thing to get rid of bubbles ,I find the hardest time for bubbles is when you start a new file of insulin after that it becomes easyer , I always keep my files in the fridge and before I fill a reservoir I warm it up under my armpit for 20 mins my hands are not all ways warm in the winter but my armpit is ,I will time myself next time and let you know .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back