New to testing - levels all over the place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildthing

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am a type 2 diabetic, diagnosed 18 months ago. I recently saw a consultant as my doctor was concerned that I'm not getting my HBA1C down below 8. The consultant now has me on 4 500mg Metformin a day, 4 Gliclazide and 45mg Actos a day, which I am lead to belive is the maximum I can take. I understand the next step is probably insulin.

I have recently started testing my blood sugar and cannot see any trend between food, exercise and blood sugar levels.

Anyone any advice on how to get my levels down?

Am I better with medication, or insulin?

:confused:

I am a type 2 diabetic, diagnosed 18 months ago. I recently saw a consultant as my doctor was concerned that I'm not getting my HBA1C down below 8. The consultant now has me on 4 500mg Metformin a day, 4 Gliclazide and 45mg Actos a day, which I am lead to belive is the maximum I can take. I understand the next step is probably insulin.

I have recently started testing my blood sugar and cannot see any trend between food, exercise and blood sugar levels.

Anyone any advice on how to get my levels down?

Am I better with medication, or insulin?

:confused:

What do you eat?

Breakfast is usually porridge or shredded wheat, Almonds mid morning, pita bread and banana for lunch, apple late afternoon, 2 course evening meal. Food home prepared and cooked, no added sugar, desert once a week. I have spoken with the diatician and diabetic nurse who seem to think my diet is okay.

Breakfast is usually porridge or shredded wheat, Almonds mid morning, pita bread and banana for lunch, apple late afternoon, 2 course evening meal. Food home prepared and cooked, no added sugar, desert once a week. I have spoken with the diatician and diabetic nurse who seem to think my diet is okay.

As you are a type 2 carbs would be your enemy. It doesn't matter if it's no added sugar it's the starchy carbs you have to look out for too.
Have a look at the carb content in your diet and see what you can cut back on by replacing with lower carb alternatives.
Are you def a type 2 though and not LADA?

As you are a type 2 carbs would be your enemy. It doesn't matter if it's no added sugar it's the starchy carbs you have to look out for too.
Have a look at the carb content in your diet and see what you can cut back on by replacing with lower carb alternatives.
Are you def a type 2 though and not LADA?

How would I know whether I am type 2 or LADA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back