New to metformin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loukay

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have been taking Metformin for about 6 weeks 2000 a day

It’s causing me a huge problem with my stomach some days I am rushing to the toilet 7 times a day
Makes it very hard to go out

Does this get any better

Have you spoken to your doctor about the side effects and what have they advised? Options would be reducing the dose to get used to it, switching to slow release metformin, managing without medication, or switching to a different medication, or changing when you take the tablets or what food you take them with to reduce the side effects.

Hi are you on the slow release tablets? I was moved onto these as I did have a fair amount of wind and upset tummy’s. Maybe you need them also?

I threw away the tablets as it was something I could not live with.
By the time my GP found out, I was no longer diabetic and was adamant that I was not going to take tablets again.

I have been taking Metformin for about 6 weeks 2000 a day

It’s causing me a huge problem with my stomach some days I am rushing to the toilet 7 times a day
Makes it very hard to go out

Does this get any better
I had exactly the same.. chucked the pils in the bin and changed what I ate.
Remission 4 months later.. ultra low carb/keto and time restricted eating worked wonders for me.

I forgot to say I am on slow release
I started on dapagflozin but I felt unwell and it had no real effect bringing down my blood sugars ( I was only diagnosed in January so am new to this nightmare. I have looked at other types of treatment I don’t wish to be on something that will make me gain weight snd also noted some of the other medications cause upper respiratory infections which is no good as I get severe asthma

Which medications cause upper respiratory infections, as I have not heard of anyone reporting that?
Not everyone put weight on with some of the drugs thatbare reported to do so.

What was you HbA1C, as if not desperately high then dietary changes may be enough to bring you blood glucose down with the added benefit of losing weight which many find a low carb or low calorie regime will do.
What sort of meals are you having, if you post some examples of typical meals people may spot food which may be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back