New to insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone, I’m new to insulin, I’ve only been on humulini for a couple of weeks it is bringing my sugar levels down as I was 30.4 mmol a fortnight ago and I’m now 12.4 pre breakfast this morning, I’ve changed my diet and I’m eating more protein which seems to be good for me, I’ve been type 2 for 5 years now, I am getting very achy legs still which I hope will improve but I’ve read on the internet that once you get diabetic neuropathy it’s irreversible is that true,

Welcome @Russel 🙂 Is that Humulin i you’re on? Hopefully your legs will improve as your blood sugars come down. Sometimes they hurt more even though your results are better as it can be a sign the nerves are healing a little.

Welcome @Russel 🙂 Is that Humulin i you’re on? Hopefully your legs will improve as your blood sugars come down. Sometimes they hurt more even though your results are better as it can be a sign the nerves are healing a little.
Yes it is Humulini I’m on, hope they can improve it’s uncomfortable at the moment.

Welcome to the forum @Russel

I hope that your legs start to feel more comfortable, but as @Inka has said, they can feel more uncomfortable initially as things heal. Don’t be disheartened by this.

Yes it is Humulini I’m on, hope they can improve it’s uncomfortable at the moment.

Ah, ok, just auto-correct messing with things then 🙂 The i in Humulin i stands for isophane, which is a slow-acting insulin. There are other types of Humulin too, with different letters and/or numbers after the word Humulin. They all act in different ways so I was asking to confirm the one you were on.

I’m sure it is uncomfortable. It’s not a pleasant thing at all, but hopefully yours will gradually improve. Keeping your blood sugars in range will help enormously. It will take a little while so don’t be disheartened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back