New test

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekpole

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I was told i was borderline diabetic last year but didn't bother taking the glucose fasting test as the advice would have been the same for borderline or Type 2. Since January I have just been eating and drinking what i like. Now i feel pretty miserable. I have been trying to lose weight for two months and not an ounce despite cutting down on achohol and food, cycling in serbia, swimming 4 times a week, gym twice a week and green tea. I am having the test on Tuesday and the doc thinks maybe i have an underactive thyroid as well. I took a blood glucose measurement this morning for the 1st time. It was 14.1. I have to get up to the toilet 3 times a night. However the Gp does not seem to care. It took them 6 months to actually write to me to tell me I was borderline so I didn't think it was that serious. I have bought metformin and thyroxine over the internet however do not have a clue what my problem is.

I was told i was borderline diabetic last year but didn't bother taking the glucose fasting test as the advice would have been the same for borderline or Type 2. Since January I have just been eating and drinking what i like. Now i feel pretty miserable. I have been trying to lose weight for two months and not an ounce despite cutting down on achohol and food, cycling in serbia, swimming 4 times a week, gym twice a week and green tea. I am having the test on Tuesday and the doc thinks maybe i have an underactive thyroid as well. I took a blood glucose measurement this morning for the 1st time. It was 14.1. I have to get up to the toilet 3 times a night. However the Gp does not seem to care. It took them 6 months to actually write to me to tell me I was borderline so I didn't think it was that serious. I have bought metformin and thyroxine over the internet however do not have a clue what my problem is.

Woah! Firstly: Buying prescription drugs over the Internet is a VERY bad idea and they could be fake versions that contain things such as rat poison. Since you bought them over the net I'm assuming you have no idea what dose to take either and you haven't yet been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.

Your problem is that you have high glucose levels in your blood, as your self-testing shows. If you aren't happy with the doctor just leaving you to it, you should find a different doctor and tell them how you've been feeling & about going to the loo 3 times a night.

It surprises me that you 'didn't bother taking the glucose fasting test as the advice would have been the same for borderline or Type 2', but then didn't follow any of the advice that would have been given to you.

I think Katie and Steff have said it all really, you need to get the tests done ASAP and STOP taking those drugs until you know what your diagnosis is. I buy strips on eBay but would never buy drugs that way. You don't even know if they're the real thing or cheap knock offs produced who knows how and who knows where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back