New tablets .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all just a quick one any one else been prescribed dapagliflozin for there diabetes the nurse gave me a information leaflet to read ,bit scary with the possible side effects l know there are side effects with all tablets but just a bit unsure !!!

I am on Empagliflozin, and haven't experienced any problems.

Like all the *flozins, if I feel tired dizzy, or generally unwell I have been warned to stop taking it and contact the Doc. I was also warned to drink copious amounts of water, both by the Doc and other members who are taking *flozins, So far, touch wood, I a haven't had any problems.

With regard to the possibility of fungal infections, which I find particularly scary. I have had a longstanding problem with genital thrush dating back many years. Living off-grid, I usually had to self-fund anti-fungals and would normally use a clotrimazole anti-fungal like [in the UK] Canesten cream. Having to apply it regularly for month or so at time was not only difficult to keep up, but a regular drain on the finances.

As a result, I did a bit of research, subsequently confirmed by both my current Doc and my Pharmacist, and athlete's foot, ring-worm, genital thrush .. etc are all basically the same family of fungus. With this in mind, I tried Lamisil Once. It was very successful! I can put it on once at the beginning of Summer, and that will keep me symptom free for the rest of the year.

When starting the Empagliflozin, I suggested this to my Doc and she was quite happy to write out a prescription. Because he had been considering this as a possible recommendation, my pharmacist was also very interested in this off-label use.

I emphasize here that it is an off-label use so you should consult with your Doc and pharmacist, but for me it works. The main point to note is not to put it on any sensitive bits. Since, in guys at least, the fungus actually grows on the thighs, and and other places away from the sensitive bits, this shouldn't be a problem.

Edit:
I almost forgot to mention, you may find this advice on washing of relevance. You dont say whether you are male or female, but I am sure there will be equivalent advice for women. Anyway, my pharmacist is giving me Dermol 500 as a body wash and Hydromol as as a genital moisturizer. See the links in my in my signature.

Edit 2:
Here is the equivalent washing advice for women

Last edited:
I take Canagloflozin, and the only problem I experienced was being thirsty. I upped my fluid intake to 3 litres a day, keeping a glass of water by me during the day and night, and a bottle when out in the car, or walking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back