New situation with my type 2 - not sure if good or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotWorriedAtAll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/They
Lately my readings have been a lot better than they have been for the last few years.
I had got to the point where I thought I would be stuck with 6 - 7 as a waking reading and around the same pre eating and 8 - ish afterwards unless I had a 'test' meal of chips or bread once in a while and then I got between 8 and 10 but usually around 9.

Then I started getting upper 5s in the morning and recently actually got a HS of 5.2!!

But today I have been getting 5.6 after breakfast then 4.7 before lunch and 4.8 after my evening meal.

I thought the midday 4.7 was an aberration and didn't pay much attention and I was 4.9 before going to bed last night and also discounted it as something weird with my strip or something.

The only difference I can think of is that I am getting to bed earlier and doing more housework so being a bit more active throughout the day.

Just checking because I get rattled when things change - even if they seem like good change. I worry it is too good to be true.

Sounds great to me!
What do they say about not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I think you are right it is likely a combination of better/longer sleep.... that always improves my levels, being more active and probably the warmer weather recently. Plus it could be that you are reaching the stage of liver recovery which I think happens after a couple of years of improving your diet and/or losing weight. I think it was mentioned on one of the Newcastle diet threads.
Anyway, many congratulations on the improved levels. Long may they last!

If you start low, then you will finish lower than you would have if you started high and did the same things. It is just the way that it wotks.

To be honest, @NotWorriedAtAll , my advice would be to roll with the punches. This particular punch is easier to ride out than others I can think of.

If you are exercising a bit more (and housework counts) and resting better, it would be a very valid reduction.

Long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back