New sensor monitoring issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finwiz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Changed the sensor on Saturday afternoon. Worked ok for couple of hours and then kept on disconnecting. I restarted my phone and Libre app asked me to login again, which I did. There are no new apps on my phone.

Now the 8 hour real time monitoring seems to have stopped - the screen shows the last reading. I have to scan to get the current reading. Previously it gave real time continuous readings for 8 hours after a scan. Bluetooth is on. NFC is on as well. Libreview online seems to show all results.

Not sure what to do next. Could it be a faulty sensor?

I am having the same problem. I’m hoping that when I change it, it will work. Mine doesn’t alert me when my glucose goes low either which is a bit worrying. Could it be the app? But you’ve checked that. Maybe a faulty batch.

Not sure what to do next. Could it be a faulty sensor?
Yes - but it could also be ropey Bluetooth. Presumably you've tried "turning Bluetooth off and on again"? Or completely restarting your phone?
Occasionally I have found that the sensor loses connectivity even when my phone is in the opposite trousers pocket to the arm on which the sensor is stuck! I'm hoping that the Libre 2 Plus, when available (to me, at least!), will have better connectivity.

Yes - but it could also be ropey Bluetooth. Presumably you've tried "turning Bluetooth off and on again"? Or completely restarting your phone?
Occasionally I have found that the sensor loses connectivity even when my phone is in the opposite trousers pocket to the arm on which the sensor is stuck! I'm hoping that the Libre 2 Plus, when available (to me, at least!), will have better connectivity.

Have turned Bluetooth on / off as well as the phone. I am not loosing conectivity - I am not getting real time readings

Hello, are you using Android or IOS? If Android depending on phone. You may need to clear BT cache in system settings or on some phones clear “partition?” Restart phone then scan your sensor.

Hello, are you using Android or IOS? If Android depending on phone. You may need to clear BT cache in system settings or on some phones clear “partition?” Restart phone then scan your sensor.

Using Google Pixel 6. Tried clearing BT cache but no change.

OK it seems to be working for the last hour or so!! I cleared the cache from the Librelink app on my Pixel 6 phone. Switched off the phone and restarted after 10 minutes (10 minutes might not be relevant). It seems to work now with real time updates.

Will have to wait for a day or so to see how it works.

I am glad that you have things sorted out.

OK it seems to be working for the last hour or so!! I cleared the cache from the Librelink app on my Pixel 6 phone. Switched off the phone and restarted after 10 minutes (10 minutes might not be relevant). It seems to work now with real time updates.

Will have to wait for a day or so to see how it works.
That’s great news. Started a new one today myself. But glitchy in the opening hour after the wait for start up. Then normal services resumed. At least I learned what the blue reading means on my recently purchased GWatch4. “No sensor signal.” (I expected a gap on the graph for the hour.) We never stop picking “this” up as we go along.

That’s great news. Started a new one today myself. But glitchy in the opening hour after the wait for start up. Then normal services resumed. At least I learned what the blue reading means on my recently purchased GWatch4. “No sensor signal.” (I expected a gap on the graph for the hour.) We never stop picking “this” up as we go along.
What is GWatch4 please? I have Google Watch 2 and cannot get Libre on it.

As an addition; I’d showered this morning & put on a new sensor for when the old one expires. About 6 hours ahead? I was getting drop outs in a Sainsbury’s car park. (Maybe a BT blind spot with all the modern cars?) I’ve seen this correlation before. Even when I was using the Libre 1 with a BT bridge. I’m no techy. But I do understand some yeas ago there was a “land grab” on frequency regarding BT & WiFi?

What is GWatch4 please? I have Google Watch 2 and cannot get Libre on it.
I use a 3rd party app sent to the watch from play store called “G-Watch wear app.” It gives me this.
I tried a £25 Gloryfit version. No joy. The prices of the Galaxy watch have come down due to the advent of a newer version. So I dug just a little deeper. (I work in a place a little funny about phones. Don’t want risking the hassle. Though they claim to be “PC.”)

You_Doodle_2024-05-31T18_33_46Z.jpeg

As an addition; I’d showered this morning & put on a new sensor for when the old one expires. About 6 hours ahead? I was getting drop outs in a Sainsbury’s car park. (Maybe a BT blind spot with all the modern cars?) I’ve seen this correlation before. Even when I was using the Libre 1 with a BT bridge. I’m no techy. But I do understand some yeas ago there was a “land grab” on frequency regarding BT & WiFi?

I use a 3rd party app sent to the watch from play store called “G-Watch wear app.” It gives me this.
I tried a £25 Gloryfit version. No joy. The prices of the Galaxy watch have come down due to the advent of a newer version. So I dug just a little deeper. (I work in a place a little funny about phones. Don’t want risking the hassle. Though they claim to be “PC.”)

View attachment 30434
Just what I need as well! G-Watch wear app is available for my Phone / Watch. Any instructions as to how to set up these please? Would be a great monitoring help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back