New pump time......which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all, I am due a new pump in the next couple of months and am wondering which to go for?
Based on I am a heavy insulin user and have had terrible problems with cannulas. I like Roche and the service they provide, I like my Combo Pump (big reservoir) and my accu chek meter. Cannulas are still a problem for me, steel fail within 24 hours, flexlink last on average 36-48 hours max but still unpredictable and leave my insertion site sore.
Any advice would be appreciated. 🙂

If you like your Roche pump could you not stick with that but try someone else's infusion sets? As long as they have the luer lock connection they are interchangeable I believe. Might be worth a try if that's your main problem.

If you like your Roche pump could you not stick with that but try someone else's infusion sets? As long as they have the luer lock connection they are interchangeable I believe. Might be worth a try if that's your main problem.

Just wondered after nearly 4 years if there was a newer model.....iphones have upgraded every year 🙂 i know there is a combo replacement but the reservoir is much smaller. I have tried all the roche cannulas and none have been great.

You will prob find all the top pumps are similar but I like my Medtronic Veo. Remote control if you want,cgm, 2 diff sizes. Test meters talk through Bluetooth. The staff are great too. I can email them with good turnaround. Down load info straight to DSN. When I first got it I emailed info the night before. My Dsn rang me the next day & I adjusted pump while on way to job in van through bluetooth phone(stopped)😱 Good luck sorting

Well it strikes me Phil that the question you need to ask right now is what other cannulas' tubing fit the Roche. I have an idea the Animas do though I'm not positive.

If you could get a few of the Animas or other likely candidates now, and try em with the existing pump - then perhaps you'd be inclined to opt for the pump that belongs to that manufacturer?

Well it strikes me Phil that the question you need to ask right now is what other cannulas' tubing fit the Roche. I have an idea the Animas do though I'm not positive.

If you could get a few of the Animas or other likely candidates now, and try em with the existing pump - then perhaps you'd be inclined to opt for the pump that belongs to that manufacturer?

Hi both, When I was experimenting with luer lock sets, I discovered you could get them from 5 different co.s - Animas, Roche, Medtronic, Ypsomed and Advanced Therapeutics! I had varied responses to trying to acquire samples direct from these co.s (my DSN told me to contact them directly), some co.s would only send samples once I'd set up an account with them via the hospital and insisted I meet with a rep to go thru using them, another would only let me have samples if I collected them from my DSN & went thru technique...thru to a couple of the co.s who just sent me their samples no probs. In theory you wouldn't need to change pump if you found you preferred sets from a different co. unless your hosp would only let you have an account with one pump co. (can they do this? don't know?) I'm currently using Roche sets with my Animas Vibe.

Must say I'd love to have a pump with a remote and the Vibe doesn't. One of those things - once you've had a pump with a remote could you imagine being happy with one you had to access directly each time? Vibe anyway, once primed, only holds about 180 units insulin max so I expect that wouldn't hold enough for your usage? I suspect Vibey might be out of the running for you what with that and loss of remote device.

Do you know if your hosp actually offers other pumps..just thinking that some don't and if that's the case you maybe won't have to look at others from different companies?

Ingrid - I was hoping that people who HAD 'other' luer lock tubing on their cannulas would offer to send Phil a few !

- or at least tell him that 'this sort' would fit! Yours is the first post to offer a clue.

I certainly would, but mine are the same as his!

Well done Ingrid. Did you not read my post Tw ? Keep us informed hope things are going well Phil 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back