New pump - Jewel pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for posting Alan.
I tried looking at the site you linked and all I got was a blank screen so that was a good start. So read the review on another site.
What surprised me was the faff involved puting in pin numbers etc. That's a big no for me. I Just need a pump that comes out of my pocket and you can bolus or decreas with a couple of button pushes. I think it's asking for trouble having the brains of the pump within your mobile phone. Theives always target phones so no phone what then are you going to do?

From the videos on that site, the pump looks too big to me, I'm used to the small canulas on my Paradigm Veo and that would just get in the way and probably be uncomfortable. The Bluetooth controller is a good idea, and they seem to have given up on the idea of using your mobile as the control device, now opting for a combined BG meter and control panel with touch screen. It still runs the risk of some nasty so and so lifting it from your pocket though and if you don't have a spare, you're a little bit stuck. I think I'll stick to the type of pump I have for this reason alone but also because 500 units is triple what my pump has and that lasts 3 days with me, at which point the insulin is starting to go off, 7 days as 500U would give would lead people to want to keep the cannulas in for too long, risking possible infections. Not good.

* This is my personal opinion of course and others may feel differently than I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back