new pump fitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoobystuart87

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all

Just had my new pump set up and fitted. Had to tell someone cos I'm so happy I've got it now.

I know it's gonna be difficult but I can see better times ahead

Yee Hah !

It's hard work, but it's sooooooo worth it!

Great news Stuart 🙂 Hope things go well for you and your new buddy! 🙂

Hi Stuart - I got mine just a week ago. I am absolutely over the moon with it and seeing fantastic basal figures such as I haven't seen for years🙂

Hope you are getting on as well with it. Which one have you got?

How exciting! Do hey start you off slowly in the pump? I have visions of them setting the rates too high and hypoing all the time....thus throwing sweeties out of my pram along with the pump!😛

Stuart all the best for a happy and smooth journey with your new pump x

How exciting! Do hey start you off slowly in the pump? I have visions of them setting the rates too high and hypoing all the time....thus throwing sweeties out of my pram along with the pump!😛

They start you off very conservatively and my nurse has been on the phone most days and had me basal testing before she alters anything. However, I had done a lot of testing and record keeping for weeks before going onto it so she had a good idea of where to start me. Hope this helps.

already it has proved that I could never have adequately controlled my BGs with 2 doses a day. I need lots more insulin in the mornings than in the afternoons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back