new pills

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonrudd

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I went to see another podiatrist yesterday - he showed me my xray and couldnt find any cracks - so Charcot doesnt seem to be the source of my problems - which is good :D also he gave me some new pills "Gliclazide". I took my first one last night and my BS dropped from 16 to 11 over night - which is pretty damn cool 🙂 Not sure what will happen when these run out - i was given a months supply by him.

hopefully the old blood sugar will continue to go down and level out 🙂

Hi Simon hope the new pills work for you hun, glad the podiatrist could spot nothing wrong x

Glad the podiatrist could find nothing wrong.

Just a suggestion, baout a week or so before the gliclizade runs out mak an appointment to see your doctor. Tell him (or show him the improvements in control if you keep a record) and ask him to add the new pills to your prescription.

Great news about the foot simon! 🙂 As for the gliclazide, it works by stimulating your pancreas to produce more insulin and seems to be working well for you already! Be sure to get more pills before these run out - hope the levels continue to fall 🙂

Hi Simon

As you seen already Gliclizide has the power to lower and has notherner said it increases the amount of insulin in the body..

If you haven't got a meter get one out of your sugery or clinic and get your doctor to prescribe test srtips, plenty if you drive...

If using GLiclizide then you are at risk of hypo's in similar vein as a T1 diabetic, so will need a hypo treatment (jelly babies, lucozade etc) and test before driving to insure that you safe to drive etc.. So gem up on these just incase you need it...

hiya, thanks for the replies :D today my BS was back up to 14 :( so not to happy with that. but will keep persevering. speaking to the DN on tuesday so hopefully if there is improvement i can get her to put it on my repeat :D

My only problem is that i'm sure he said to take 2 a day - but on the packet it says 1 a day. i think i will continue with 1 a day :D

Hi Simon, I take Gliclazide. To start with I had 2 x 30g modified release ones I took one in the morning and one at night. They did bring BG down a bit, I was always in double figures and it came down a bit. What I didn't do though is reduce carbs and I reckon that might have helped more. I did get very hungry though and put on more weight so watch out for that. Once I started on Byetta the Glic was reduced to 1 tablet a day due to the hypo risk but actually that isn't too much of a problem. I hope the tablets help you and was very pleased your foot isn't charcot but have they got to the bottom of it yet?

havent got to the bottom of the foot yet - not sure what is wrong with it :( i really dont fancy byetta - injections scare me. i'm dissapointed that my BS seemed to rise again after it initially went down :(

blood sugar was 9.9 today - thats the lowest its been in almost 2 years :D yay for new pills! :D

Excellent news long may it continue🙂

dont forget, pills wont be at their full potential yet. they will take a while to get full results. But shows they are good for you.

Hope you sort your foot out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back