New Novo Pens....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emzi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi I recenctly asked my DSN for a new Novorapid pen as Im trying hard to combat my diabetes and get it to be part of my life and i needed an extra pen... anyway i have novoPen 3 for both day and night and now they have brought out a novopen 4 which i have been given...does anybody else use these pens and how are you finding it? im finding the plunge on the new one goes down very fast and i often wonder if i have injected the proper amount?

anyway just thought id ask for your experiences on the new pen

Thanks
Em

HI Emma,

My daughter Megan has asked me to reply to your question. She was recently given a novopen 4 to replace a broken 3 and says that she found it a bit different at first. The plunger does go down very quickly when injecting and it seems the insulin has gone in much faster but this is quite normal.

Hope you get on ok with it.

Gill (Mum of Megan)

Hi, I've only been playing at this for about a year, not long after the Novo 4 came out, so nursey gave me a blue 4 and a red 3, I much prefer the 4 as it does dispense quicker, and as such easier to dispense, which will make it a lot easier for many. I'm hoping to get a silver 4 soon to replace the red 3 for my levemir. So no it's not wrong just different, I guess it can seem strange if it's different to what you are used to, do you find your levels have been higher from not injecting properly or is it just a the difference that has made you think this?

Anyway good luck with getting D to be part of your life Em.

Rossi.

Hi I recenctly asked my DSN for a new Novorapid pen as Im trying hard to combat my diabetes and get it to be part of my life and i needed an extra pen... anyway i have novoPen 3 for both day and night and now they have brought out a novopen 4 which i have been given...does anybody else use these pens and how are you finding it? im finding the plunge on the new one goes down very fast and i often wonder if i have injected the proper amount?

anyway just thought id ask for your experiences on the new pen

Thanks
Em

Hi Em,

I have been using both types of pen for a while now and much prefer the smooth action of the Novopen 4! I also like the silver pen for using when I'm out...the orange & blue ones are sooooo bright!
My sister tells me she thinks the sliver pens are much heavier but cant say I have noticed much! Hope you are well!

Rod.

Hi, I've only been playing at this for about a year, not long after the Novo 4 came out, so nursey gave me a blue 4 and a red 3, I much prefer the 4 as it does dispense quicker, and as such easier to dispense, which will make it a lot easier for many. I'm hoping to get a silver 4 soon to replace the red 3 for my levemir. So no it's not wrong just different, I guess it can seem strange if it's different to what you are used to, do you find your levels have been higher from not injecting properly or is it just a the difference that has made you think this?

Anyway good luck with getting D to be part of your life Em.

Rossi.
My bloods have been running high but im not sure if its because ive only just started to take them and my insulin regularly as i use to live in 20+ everyday so having them between 11-16 is getting better but not great so i wasnt sure if the pens had something to do with it, peeing my dsn next week so will check im using right, thanks 🙂

When I last checked there wasn't a novopen 4 that dosed in half units, anyone know if one has come out since? All reports I have heard is that novopen 4 is nicer than the 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back