New monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
My pharmacy were struggling to get the test strips for my old monitor so they rang me and arranged to get a new one from gp surgery.
When I collected it she also told me the gp had changed the amount of strips that I would be getting!
I dreaded the outcome only to find out they had increased the amount I was getting.
Instead of 50 for every 2 months (yes, you read that right! The joys of being treated as a type 2) I'm now getting 100 every 2 weeks!!!
Finally a gp with some sense.

My pharmacy were struggling to get the test strips for my old monitor so they rang me and arranged to get a new one from gp surgery.
When I collected it she also told me the gp had changed the amount of strips that I would be getting!
I dreaded the outcome only to find out they had increased the amount I was getting.
Instead of 50 for every 2 months (yes, you read that right! The joys of being treated as a type 2) I'm now getting 100 every 2 weeks!!!
Totally. They should be glad you're testing and making available all that you need to avoid costs and resources of health care if you don't. I get 100 per month but I probably test too much.

Great news @Stitch147 !

Which meter is it you’ve been offered? Hope it suits you well, and gives you consistent and reliable results 🙂

I've now got the Contour Plus. Much better than I had before.

Ooooh nice! I have Contour meters (may be the same one?!) that look a bit like a USB stick and use the Next XT strips which I have found very very accurate and consistent. No more trying another strip if I don’t like the number I see - XT strips always give me the same number!

Ooooh nice! I have Contour meters (may be the same one?!) that look a bit like a USB stick and use the Next XT strips which I have found very very accurate and consistent. No more trying another strip if I don’t like the number I see - XT strips always give me the same number!
This is my one.

I use that one AND a Contour Next, both of which I got for free. I find them both very consistent and the bluetooth connectivity is good - results are uploaded to a portal where you can get reports. I believe the Blue has been made available on the NHS for people who qualify for it (I don't!)

Strips for the Next are a bit expensive, but for the Contour Blue they are around 10 pounds a pot.

Personally I'd regard that as Most Unlikely !! ( though I also assume you didn't mean what you said literally! )

Personally I'd regard that as Most Unlikely !! ( though I also assume you didn't mean what you said literally! )

Well surprisingly often literally the same number or just a 10th or two out.

12.2!! Eh!!! That can’t be right! I’m sure I counted that correctly… Must be a duff strip…
*rechecks*
Ah. 12.1. Pants.

Certainly not the opportunity I had with some other brands to ‘change’ a 10.5 into an 8.5 just by using another strip or two until I got a reading I wanted to write down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back