New MiniMed pump, how do I order supplies online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi All,

Got my new Mini Med pump and stupidly forgot to order supplies. Only have 2 canulas left. Tried to order online but it is trying to charge me £400! I have no instructions from the hospital about how to order. I have registered my pump and set up accounts as I was told but I am so confused!

Do the Mini Med people have a helpline? They should be able to tell you what information/procedure you need to use in order to charge to your clinic (or however it works!).

Hi Natalie

Your pump clinic needs to set up an account for you with Medtronic for all the pump supplies you need. After that you register for the online shop and can order without getting a bill for them. The Medtronic uk helpline isn't open at the weekend and any calls are transferred to the American helpline.

I would ask your DSN on Monday if they have some supplies at the hospital to cover you until an order can be despatched as this can take a few days to arrive. Hopefully 2 cannulas will last you until the rest of the supplies can be organised.

When you log in, go to your profile web page, put in your NHS number and indicate which hospital clinic you attend. As I recall there might also be a tab labelled funding or the like where you enter this info. Medtronic will contact your clinic and get approval for funding, and you're good to go. When I started on the Medtronic last month this all happened in one day, but with the weekend you'll probably have to wait until Monday.

I was initially supplied with 6mm cannulas for the 640G, but when I had the Combo I had found that the longer ones suited me better, so I ordered some 9mm ones online for the 640G. Medtronic then told me that they needed clinic approval to supply the longer ones, which they proceeded to get. All done by email within an hour or two. Very smooth service.

Thanks. I thought my DSN would have done the account but maybe not! I will phone her on Monday as they usually have spares. 2 cannulas should last me 9 days anyway as I've only just changed it. Thanks again.

Someone at NHS needs a talking to. They set things up & you just ring them up & its delivered with about 3month supply. Good luck 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back