Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma Sarson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I have type 1, diagnosed in 1979 aged 8yrs. I am married with four children and work as a midwife. I am being offered an insulin pump and would like to ask members for your advice on which pump to choose? I have been offered the Roche combo, the animas vibe or the Medtronic paradigm. I notice the animas will work with continuous glucose monitoring, but don't know if my trust will fund that? Has anyone any experience or advice they could offer me? Many thanks

Hi Emma. Pumps are the best upto now. Medtronic veo has sensors available. One of the good things you can have on a pump is split boluses. 🙂 Takes a week or two to match things to your own needs but The Best 🙂

Hi, I have type 1, diagnosed in 1979 aged 8yrs. I am married with four children and work as a midwife. I am being offered an insulin pump and would like to ask members for your advice on which pump to choose? I have been offered the Roche combo, the animas vibe or the Medtronic paradigm. I notice the animas will work with continuous glucose monitoring, but don't know if my trust will fund that? Has anyone any experience or advice they could offer me? Many thanks

Hello Emma and welcome to the forum 🙂 😱 @ four children and being a midwife as well.
As to pump choice it's down to personal preference, which ever pump you choose you will love as you haven't used any other.
It's very rare to be funded for sensors so don't be to disappointed in that department if you don't get anywhere.
One thing you do need to do though is invest in the book pumping insulin by John Walsh (amazon) This book is worth it's weight in gold and known as the pumpers Bible.

Hi all, thanks for your comments. I am going to make a play for CGM funding, I will let you know their response. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back