New member......sensitive question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilbet

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Hello, my OH was diagnosed a few months ago afters years of me suspecting he had diabetes. Metformin has brought his glucose readings 50% but they still need to be halved to be healthy but he's struggling to adjust his eating habits to help this happen.

My main concern is the physical issues it's having on him, foot pain being one although he stubbornly refuses to try to speak to a Dr about appropriate pain medication and the other being of a "sensitive" nature (ED). Rather than launch into it in this message I was wondering if any experienced members could point me in the direction of a relevant thread please. TIA

I found a number of articles when I Googled 'type 2 diabetes ed' including:

Hi Lilbet, I'm sorry to hear that your other half was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago, and that he is experiencing the sensitive physical issues and foot pain you have described. Feel free to call us on 0345 123 2399 where a member of the team can pass you through to the helpline to discuss these issues if you are worried. Here is a link to our guidance on foot problems that you may find helpful: https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/complications/feet/serious-foot-problem Take care 🙂

Thank you for these......I had already read the first article but was hoping for a bit of advice/reassurance from someone who'd experienced the same issue.
I'm going to his next appointment with diabetes nurse so have made a list of questions, one of them being about emotional support although I'm not sure how he'd feel if I just came straight out with it (he's very blokey/alpha male) but it's maybe a step in right direction that he's asked me to go with him.......

Although he's not diabetic my husband seems to have benefited from my low carb shopping and eating habits - He is not quite 70 yet, but we've been together around 45 years now and never once has there been any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back