New meds..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Took my first 2 pills last night and have this awful metallic type taste in my mouth this morning my poor weetabix tasted disgusting at brekkie time, is this common??

Hi Steff,
think with some sleeping tabs and certainly with Citilopram (sp?) this can happen. Should go given time tho 🙂

take care hun, lv Shirl

p.s. got the ironing done!! YAY 😉

Hi Steff,
think with some sleeping tabs and certainly with Citilopram (sp?) this can happen. Should go given time tho 🙂

take care hun, lv Shirl

p.s. got the ironing done!! YAY 😉

Thanks Shirl ill get used to it lol, yayy go you i've got to decide is it the hoovering or the cleaning i should do lol

If metallic taste lasts more than a wk or two perhaps worth asking GP for suggestions!

Bless ya hun, just trying to decide do I do more housework or do I craft ? Mmmmm no contest craft wins hands down LMAO

take care, lv Shirl x

Took my first 2 pills last night and have this awful metallic type taste in my mouth this morning my poor weetabix tasted disgusting at brekkie time, is this common??

Apart from breakfast tasting disgusting, how are you feeling? It takes time for your system to get used to any new medication, so I hope things work out well for you.

Steffie, you're in the best position to know about metallic taste you are experiencing as a side effect - look at your patient information leaflet that should have been supplied with each new medication. If you didn't get one, then ask the pharmacist who dispensed them.
However, as a vast generalisation, many side effects are more noticeable in the early days of taking. Also, some medications come with instructions about when to take them eg in relation to mealtimes and bedtime, to minimise impacts of side effects.

Apart from breakfast tasting disgusting, how are you feeling? It takes time for your system to get used to any new medication, so I hope things work out well for you.

Apart from feeling abit dozy more so then usual lol then thats all... Ill take it as there news meds so im going to be feeling new side effects i guess

Copepod your right i just read the PL and it does say metal taste and or dry mouth may occur.

The metallic taste should wear off it did with me see how you go and if its still about next time you see gp tell them

The metallic taste should wear off it did with me see how you go and if its still about next time you see gp tell them

thanks Gail i was hoping you would see this xx

As the others say, the taste should wear off soon. It took a few days for me too. It's horrid while it lasts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back