New medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin mckenzie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Been taken off metformin after 18 years because made ibs really bad I am now on sitaliptin for 4 days have to see how that works out

Were you on Metformin Slow Release (SR) which tends to be better if you have bowel issues?

Yes was on 4 500mg daily now only on o 25mg sitaliptin yearly days yet but eaten much better at the moment.
Fingers crossed get reviev in two weeks

I've been on Sitagliptin since January and not had any side effects at all. I couldn't take Metformin because of the very well known tummy issues but I haven't had a problem with Sitagliptin.

So - what tests - if any - have you ever been offered/given to establish whether your pancreas is able to produce more insulin?

So - what tests - if any - have you ever been offered/given to establish whether your pancreas is able to produce more insulin?
No test have been offered, just changed medication been on metformin for years was stopped because it made IBS worse

@kevin mckenzie - my point being that sitagliptin works by stimulating the pancreas to produce more insulin and assumes that the person's body can easily use the insulin. However if the body could do that latter thing like it was supposed to - surely it would not have been diagnosed with diabetes! So in order to prescribe summat that will work to reduce the blood glucose for the person, my head tells me I'd need to fathom out which bit(s) aren't working properly first, in order to try and correct whatever's malfunctioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back