New medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bics

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello. I've just had new medication from the nurse. I am now taking tablets 25mg of alogliptin along with 2000mg metformin daily. This is until August. Has anyone taken these together before and if so are there many side effects? Many thanks

I have been taking this combination for years without any problems.

It’s a long time since I took tablets but to reassure you, it’s very common to add medications on top of the metformin over time, combining 2 or 3 medications with the diet and exercise changes until your blood sugars are in a good range

Hi I was on every T2 medication going and they all worked together fine but I was actually T1 so no amount of tablets helped me. Good luck

Thankyou all. Just hope they work. I have recently started a keto diet. Basically I'm just cutting out bread, rolls and potatoes. These are my downfall

Thankyou all. Just hope they work. I have recently started a keto diet. Basically I'm just cutting out bread, rolls and potatoes. These are my downfall
By keto do you mean less than 50g carbs per day or just low carb which is suggested as being no more than 130g per day, there is a big difference there.
Do be careful of reducing carbs too quickly as it can cause issues with your eyes and nerves.

By keto do you mean less than 50g carbs per day or just low carb which is suggested as being no more than 130g per day, there is a big difference there.
Do be careful of reducing carbs too quickly as it can cause issues with your eyes and nerves.
Hi. I did mean less than 50g a day but Thankyou for your message I didn't think about it causing problems. I think maybe then I will just try no more than 130g

Hi. I did mean less than 50g a day but Thankyou for your message I didn't think about it causing problems. I think maybe then I will just try no more than 130g
One suggestion is to reduce your carbs by one third for a couple of weeks, then another third etc until you get to where you want to be.

Thankyou so much for the helpful advise. I think it's going to make me crave more bread and potatoes by cutting it out completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back