New mattress arrived this morning

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I wont mention where I bought it from but lets just say the mattress is a well known brand beginning with D.

On arrival after a mammoth struggle I managed to get it out of the box, shifted my old one out of the way and popped the new one on my bed to find it was 11 cm shorter than advertised.

Basically it's as good as useless, so I emailed the firm I bought it from and explained I was not snow white and had no dwarf's who could make use of it. I have requested a full refund, I now await a reply :)

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
sounds like they have sent you a junior mattress. hope you get it sorted Sue.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
sounds like they have sent you a junior mattress. hope you get it sorted Sue.
Not to sure they have as the label also gives a measurement of 90 by 190 yet the mattress measures 90 by 179. Whole thing is shoddy.

Ljc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
I hope they sort it to your satisfaction quickly. I sure hope they don’t want you to repack it

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
If it wasn't as described in the advertising, then they are required by law to refund you - or at least supply you with one that is the right size. I can't think how they got it wrong, though if it was short, how was the width? Or do you have a non standard bed?

I'm looking for a bed that you can lower to get in it, and raise to get out. That's if I can't get a new left hip.

Leadinglights

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I once bought an inflatable chair for my then 4year old granddaughter that was described as child size but when it arrived it was a huge full size for an adult, I asked for a refund and they said I needed to inflate it then send a picture of it being punctured in order to get the refund as they did not want me to return it. In the end because it wasn't that expensive I kept it anyway as I thought that was just such a waste. I think they got their cms and inches muddled.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
If it wasn't as described in the advertising, then they are required by law to refund you - or at least supply you with one that is the right size. I can't think how they got it wrong, though if it was short, how was the width? Or do you have a non standard bed?

I'm looking for a bed that you can lower to get in it, and raise to get out. That's if I can't get a new left hip.
The width is fine, the advert says 90 by 190cm as does the label on the mattress. Unfortunately the measurement of the mattress is 90 by 179 so it's a manufacturing fault. In all honesty looking at the mattress I would class it as a 2nd or even 3rd rate. I suppose I could be one of the dwarfs... Grumpy, as not best pleased.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I hope they sort it to your satisfaction quickly. I sure hope they don’t want you to repack it
That wont happen as it came vacuum packed :)

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
That wont happen as it came vacuum packed :)
Maybe if you give it time it will grow/stretch/expand after its period of vac pack confinement!! I have a feeling that's what customer services may say anyway. Good luck getting it sorted.

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Maybe if you give it time it will grow/stretch/expand after its period of vac pack confinement!! I have a feeling that's what customer services may say anyway. Good luck getting it sorted.
It sure as heck ain't going to grow 11cm that's for sure and it's been expanded for 9 hours now and it hasn't grown in length :)

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Would it be terribly, terribly naughty of me to say try stroking it/feeding and watering it/talking to it..... those things are all supposed to make things grow! :eek: Fully expecting this post to be deleted but just couldn't resist!! Sorry Sue!
Will await my slapped wrist from a moderator whilst contemplating my transgressions:rolleyes:

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
11cm is just over 4 inches. It might be achievable!! ;)
Really pushing my luck now!

Pumper_Sue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The night shift is obviously working at the company as an email has come through asking me to pick one of 3 dates for end of next week for collection.

Now that's what I call sods law as one of the days I have a dental apt and am also awaiting two urgent (two week referral) hospital apts. Bet both will come for the remaining 2 days :(

Am impressed though the company has acted so quickly.