New issue of Balance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just received my new issue, and I have to say that I am very impressed! Bet you never thought you'd hear me say that! 🙂 It's actually full of interesting articles from start to finish - lots of new stuff in research and diagnosis that I hadn't heard of, plus contributions from a couple of out members! Lee Nevitt discusses his challenge to go 20km along the Bournemouth coastline on 19th June in his wheelchair. Lee has neuropathy, so this will be a difficult challenge - 20k is a half marathon! Also, there's an article by Patricia about her son's diagnosis and the life-changing consequences (nice mention of us🙂), a great article about Type 1 pilot Douglas Cairns, an extensive article about the BDEC carb counting course and lots more.

What can I say? Well done to the Balance team for a great issue! :D

Just received my new issue, and I have to say that I am very impressed! Bet you never thought you'd hear me say that! 🙂 It's actually full of interesting articles from start to finish - lots of new stuff in research and diagnosis that I hadn't heard of, plus contributions from a couple of out members! Lee Nevitt discusses his challenge to go 20km along the Bournemouth coastline on 19th June in his wheelchair. Lee has neuropathy, so this will be a difficult challenge - 20k is a half marathon! Also, there's an article by Patricia about her son's diagnosis and the life-changing consequences (nice mention of us🙂), a great article about Type 1 pilot Douglas Cairns, an extensive article about the BDEC carb counting course and lots more.

What can I say? Well done to the Balance team for a great issue! :D

any poetry ? 🙂

Do you have to subscribe or can you get a copy from whsmith or similar?🙂Bev

Do you have to subscribe or can you get a copy from whsmith or similar?🙂Bev

I looked into this last time (the famed poem issue 😉), but it is only available via DUK. Having said that, there is no set subscriber amount to become a member any more, you pay what you can afford.

My copy of balance is in my bag waiting to be read.

Well low and behold i mention this to my o/h last night and he tells me he delivers it to 3 people on his round and yippeeee one of them is my mate and ive text her this morning and she is going to let me have her copy when she is finished with it yayyy, if im lucky we can make it a regular thing

Well low and behold i mention this to my o/h last night and he tells me he delivers it to 3 people on his round and yippeeee one of them is my mate and ive text her this morning and she is going to let me have her copy when she is finished with it yayyy, if im lucky we can make it a regular thing

Great if you can see a copy on a regular basis, although the best advice is found here on this forum...

Balance

Hi there,

Great to hear you're happy with the new issue of Balance 🙂

Just wanted to say that if anyone does want to receive it you can become a Supporting Member of Diabetes UK and we'll send it to you every two months. Membership has changed recently so there is no fixed fee - you can pay what you can afford either monthly or annually. It's up to you. Just thought this would be a good opportunity to mention this!

I was invited to pop along to the meet in London tomorrow and should be able to make it so looking forward to meeting some of you!

Joe

Joe Freeman
Digital Communities Manager
Diabetes UK

Thanks for that Joe. Is Balance ever available via newsagents do you know? I know some members have found it there in the past, but it's not listed by WH Smith on their website. Some people might just want a 'taster' copy.

Hope to see you in London tomorrow 🙂

Some newsagents stock it, but the best thing to do is probably ask your local newsagent to order it in for you.

I'm not sure if they'll do this as a one off though (depends on the individual I suppose) and so it would actually work out cheaper to become a member - each issue costs ?3.95 to buy.

If some want a taster of it, I would probably be able to send a few copies of the last issue to people, as long as there's not massive demand (!) and they don't mind me slipping a membership form in there too 🙂

I looked into this last time (the famed poem issue 😉), but it is only available via DUK. Having said that, there is no set subscriber amount to become a member any more, you pay what you can afford.

I do buy the odd copy when I'm in the UK. I got said poetry edition in the WH Smiths in Oxford.

Can you become an overseas member?

I got mine yesterday and flicked through it on my break at work. I suspect that my membership might have been converted into supporting member as my regular one ran out around the time that it came in.

got my copy today must say i liked the look of the rubarb cake recipie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back