New iphone app for diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrienne

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi

A friend of mine on the cwd list, her husband has very cleverly written a iphone/itouch app where you can log everything. It is like a BG diary, it is great.

It is a free App and is called Easy Diabetes.

I found it no problem and installed it on my phone and its great. You can use that along with the Carbs and Cals iphone App and you are set ! 🙂

Oooh haven't seen that one... Might have to check it out.

After a few false starts I found Diabetes Diary which suits me almost perfectly. Got some great 7-day/month/average 7-day/average month graphs which can help spotting patterns.

M

Wish I had an iPhone now. I have a Vivaz by Sony Ericsson

There are a few good apps for diabetes Track 3 is good has both a diary for bloods and insulin with a food directory but the problem with the food diary is it is so American and it is really only any use when your at big resturants BUT even then it has been behind on some of the specials that McDonalds do from time to time which take ages to come up.

I've recently got Carbs and Cals but have to say it is very limited and sometimes my protions aren't there.

I'm trying to find a good insulin calculator I had a good one but lost it and often the calculation they use has different logic to how I do it in me head.

Marc

The Easy Diabetes is brand new, launced yesterday or today by my friend's husband, it is just a simple tool which I think is excellent.

Just installed it! Will report back later 🙂

All he has to do now is knock one up for the Samsung 360 H1 and were all sorted:D

I tried entering the BG as "LO" and "HI", neither worked - it came up in the log as a ?. Would be useful to recognise lo and hi readings, they do happen every now and then!

What's the best way to pass on feedback?

I tried entering the BG as "LO" and "HI", neither worked - it came up in the log as a ?. Would be useful to recognise lo and hi readings, they do happen every now and then!

What's the best way to pass on feedback?

I went into the settings and entered 4.0 for low and 9.0 for hi and I presume that the app will use this as standard.

I can tell you that the app won't be changed. This was created purely as a very simple app for a dad to help him with his own needs in looking after his diabetic son. The mum has been trialling it for a few weeks and it meets their needs perfectly.

I just thought I would share it here in case anyone wanted a free app for diabetes.

This thread has given me a thought, does anyone recommend any good online diary for diabetes and / or a general health diary where you can login details like weight, BMI, BP, cholesterol etc? i tend to just normally keep a notebook with this information in a drawer and check my own BP every 3 months or so at home and weight loss etc but it would be nice to use something online. I do have a Bayer USB contour glucose meter which you can plug in to the computer but just wanted an additional online calendar/diary of some sort.

Ah OK, no worries - I didn't mean the numbers for low and high readings by the way, I meant when my meter may say LO or HI rather than giving a number - it's rare, so I suppose it's not that much of a downside though 🙂

Carina - have a look at MyFitnessPal.com, it does some of the stuff that you're after but I don't think it does all of it.

HI Adrienne - why what a clever friend you have!
Its a shame it doesn;t work on a basic Nokia too!!

Although I do keep thinking about getting an Iphone - my son has one and they are good,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back