new freestyle lite test strips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Following on from a while ago, I recieved a letter this morning from abbotts regarding the change in design of the strips, just to let fellow users know hopefully you will get the same letter, it explains whats new etc etc.

Following on from a while ago, I recieved a letter this morning from abbotts regarding the change in design of the strips, just to let fellow users know hopefully you will get the same letter, it explains whats new etc etc.

I received my letter today sheena

Yep mine was waiting behind the door for me when I got home 🙂

I havent been notified, but then I dont get correspondence from the company. However, have had the strips and loved them! Very cute (if thats possible). Only the teeniest drop of blood needed and lovely butterfly emblem on strip. Had the old ones again since then so I guess there is a backlog to use up.
BTW, just bought a pack today as its 2 days until I pick up my script - and cant keep asking the pharmacist to sub me a pack. They were ?26 😱 Wish my doc would just give out more than 2 packs at a time! Its a real pain!!
G

I havent been notified, but then I dont get correspondence from the company. However, have had the strips and loved them! Very cute (if thats possible). Only the teeniest drop of blood needed and lovely butterfly emblem on strip. Had the old ones again since then so I guess there is a backlog to use up.
BTW, just bought a pack today as its 2 days until I pick up my script - and cant keep asking the pharmacist to sub me a pack. They were ?26 😱 Wish my doc would just give out more than 2 packs at a time! Its a real pain!!
G

I love the new design very cute.

...BTW, just bought a pack today as its 2 days until I pick up my script - and cant keep asking the pharmacist to sub me a pack. They were ?26 😱 Wish my doc would just give out more than 2 packs at a time! Its a real pain!!
G

We've had this debate before about the number of test strips prescribed. I get 200 a time which lasts about 30 days, but I'm going to ask for more as all my other stuff lasts 50 days. How often do you test? Ask for more, you shouldn't have to feel you need to buy them just because your doctor is mean!

They were so mean when I was on meds, I'm trying hard to break out of that mentality!!
I've been testing 10 - 12 times a day since starting insulin. It really helps me understand the effect of my diet and the whether the carb ratio is right for me. I want to continue until I'm comfortable. As my daughter is type 1 she could always have the strips as often as necessary - however, she was getting 4 packs at one stage and the reduced it quick smart when they realised. Since its only 2 packs at a time, it means treking over there every week at the moment, and thats once to order and again to pick up.
There must be an easier way - surely 😡

Sorry to hear you having to trek to the doctors to get a repeat so often. Don't buy strips! Ask for them on repeat.

I don't engage in conversation with the receptionist at the doctors if they say I'm having too much of anything. Put the slip in the box and walk away.

I'm quite fortunate my chemists will put my repeat in automatically now, every four Tuesdays. I get a phone call when the prescription is ready to collect on Thursday.

There's one thing I need infrequently and when I do I just phone the chemists up and they add it to the order if necessary on the next repeat for me.

Perhaps your pharmacy can do repeat prescription ordering for you. Mine delivers as well so you could ask them if they can do that for you too?

I use an Abbott Freestyle Lite and managed to get the strips on repeat. I put my first script in and got 100 strips and lancets. Went to open the packs a week later. One box was out of date 😡The other box was not for the Lite monitor so will not turn the monitor on.
I took them back to Asda and got them changed 😛

I've had these new strips too and think they're brill, only need a tiny amount of blood and I've found them so much easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back