New free health trainers - healthy habits for life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost Hunter

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My Mum in law gave me a leaflet yesterday which someone else might find useful so I thought I would share the information with you. :confused:

It reads:

"Want to improve your health?​

Health trainers offer free one-to-one support and help, making healthy choices easier.

What is a health trainer? A health trainer is .....

Someone from the local comunity skilled in helping people make changes. Trained to work one-to-one with people. Aware of what services are available in the local area.

Health trainers are not life coaches or personal trainers. They are not able to give medical advice.

What is on offer?

Six to eight one-to-one sessions over three months. Support to develop an individual plan and agree acheivable goals and actions. Help to contact other services for relevant support and advice. Help to find groups or activities you'd like to join.

Can I see a health trainer?

Yes, if you...
Are aged over 18. Want to make a lifestyle change. Need motivation and extra help to make it happen.

How to find your nearest health trainer:

To find out if there is a health trainer near you contact your local PCT (Primary Care Trust).

There is nothing to stop you now!

Health trainers can get you started, with one-to-one support to help you make healthy choices that suit you.

Health trainers can help you to:

Eat ore healthily
Be more active
Stop smoking
Drink sensibly
Lose weight
and much more ...

Offering reassuring, practical support and information. Trained to help yo identify what could work for you, by setting goals and supporting you to make the changes you choose.

Health trainers know what's on offer in your local area - contact your local health trainer today and take the first step to a healthier, happier you!​

Remember this service is absolutely FREE! "​

No it's not foot-ware! 🙄 The leaflet I was reading from is for West Sussex NHS so might not (yet) be available in other areas but worth finding out if this intereste you. Mum in law works at a surgerey as a Dr receptionist so she picked up the leaflet at her practice which is available to patients so maybe ask at your local GP. Or have a look a your local council website as its broken down into different areas this way.

I have to add (as I dont want to be accused of miss-leading) its not just for diabetics but for anyone with or without medical issues.

Hope it helpssomeone I am going to ask my GP tomorrow and sign up next week!

Thanks 🙂

I second that...I though some one had come up with free trainers...lol

Heidi
:D

Yeah me toooooo !!! I'm a size 6 :D:D:D:D

Well if the order going in can I please have a size 3 or 4

Cheers

Heidi
🙂

lol im size 7 too and nearly 5'8"

i thought it was about shoes too 😉

lol think ive found a new diabetes link 😉 when i was diagnosed i was told that young people who get type 1 are usually tall and slim, hmm!

TWIN delete some PMs.

If only they were free shoes! That's all I can wear as I have tiny but wide feet and find getting footwear is so difficult, especaily now as they swell quite a bit. 😱

hmmm - If only I could get trainers free, think GP would have a thing to say though if I took in a list for a prescription of all sizes , can just imagine repeat prescriptions and look on chemists face!

Who knows might be lucky so listen for the postman 😉:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back