New disposable pump on the horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Andain Inc. Announces 2,000 Units Initial Production of the Breakthrough Miniature Disposable Insulin Pump for Use in Clinical Trials for Type-I and Type-II Diabetes

Andain Inc. (OTCBB: ANDN) ("Andain"), a company engaged in commercializing novel technologies in the fields of biotech, medical and life sciences through its accelerating incubator program, announced today the production of 2,000 miniature disposable insulin pump units for clinical trials.
The diabetes management products market, including insulin injection devices and insulin pumps, insulin therapies and oral and injectable diabetes drugs-have become one of the largest medical device markets in the U.S. totaling more than $20 billion in 2008. The insulin pump market is sizeable and rapidly growing. Global markets sales are estimated to be over $1 billion annually with a 12% compound annual growth rate.

Andain's technological industrial accelerating incubator, has assembled 2,000 units of its miniature disposable insulin pump for type-I and type-II diabetes to be used in forthcoming clinical trials.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/10/5485154/andain-inc-announces-2000-units.html

Havnt read the article yet but seems a strainge thing to me . The pump is the expensive bit & needs to work properly. You arnt talking about a bin liner 🙄

Havnt read the article yet but seems a strainge thing to me . The pump is the expensive bit & needs to work properly. You arnt talking about a bin liner 🙄

I think Omnipods are already 'disposable' Hobie - the brains of the pump is in the remote control 🙂

What about the pressition piston that pumps 5units or 15 ?? My pump came with a remote & have not will not use it when i can push button & know it has been done. Remotes are for changing the telly 🙄 😉

I absolutely love the remote with my pump. I wouldn't be without it🙂

It has to be somthing else to go wrong. Pleased you like it. 🙂 There was a post about somone in a carvan in winter & battery went on remote 😱

Yes it is another lot of batteries to panic about but it stops me fishing under my clothes for my pump:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back