New cookbook aimed at 'real men with diabetes'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A MOTHER-OF-THREE from Billericay has created a cookbook for those who suffer from diabetes, after her husband was terrified he would have to live on a diet of "rabbit food".

Susan Hegedus, of Harebell Close, found inspiration to write Type 2 Diabetes Cook Book For Real Men after her husband, Anthony, was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2010.

The eBook provides a seven-day eating plan with recipes which will appeal to the whole family, including figs with goat's cheese and apple crumble, as well as pasta and fish dishes and many more tasty options.

Mrs Hegedus explained: "It was a real blow to him when he found out he had diabetes. He couldn't bear to think he had to eat differently and couldn't bear to give up curries.

http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/N...men-diabetes/story-21101247-detail/story.html

My real man would have an estranged wife if I gave him either figs or goats cheese LOL

Mind you I wouldn't - seeing as I don't like them either!

Wonder about the pasta and the crumble though ... doesn't sound low carb does it. And sorry, she looks a bit overweight herself while I'm in criticism mode!

There's an awful lot of potatoes in the pic and I would suggest she buys the book on Knife skills before she cuts herself.

Why is it for 'Real' men don't fictitious men get diabetes? or don't the recipes work for women?

I was worrried about her knife skills, too, Vicsetter. She had control over that, if not the food on display!

Well it has to be said the rabbit males do very well on it, when it comes to proof of them being 'real bucks' !!

Wow...the size of that knife...her 'real man' will be eating fingers not figs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back