New collaboration to play key role in improving lives of patients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
PATIENTS with long-term conditions such as mental health disorders, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, diabetes and stroke are set to benefit from a major multi-million pound partnership between the region?s NHS organisations, leading universities, local government, industry, charities, patients and the public.

The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is to award the Collaboration for Leadership in Applied Health Research and Care Yorkshire and Humber (CLAHRC YH) a ?10 million grant to test new ways of delivering and re-designing health services and tackling health inequalities. The research programme ? which is being boosted by a further ?14 million pound investment from partner organisations ? will begin its work in January 2014 for a five-year period.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20...es-of-patients-with-long-term-conditions.aspx

Hull area pioneered something else a few years back, that was adopted as a model for other areas, I can't just think what it was - maybe the integrated foot team, or maybe the psychological support, or perhaps DAFNE for teenagers? - I know it was something really central and being much pleased about it. Damn memory.

Anyway, leads me to more than suspect they have a blooming good forward thinking team up there ! which you wouldn't really imagine, geographically, from where I live, really .... More power to their elbow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back