New clinic appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yaaay finally got my new appointment through!
23rd March at 9am!
And its not with the woman who made me cry last time I went to this clinic 3 years ago =)

xxxx

Excellent Lou! And this time they're going to listen to you and really help you! Remember to keep recording everything so that you are armed with lots of information for the appointment🙂

Greeat news Lou hope you get more out of this one xx good luck

Hope it goes well Lou, in the mean time stick around here if you need any other help.🙂

Great news Lou.🙂

I would suggest you write down all your questions and work through them one by one with the new clinic. As you have been treated so badly in the past - perhaps you could ask them to treat you as if newly diagnosed and to start from scratch. I do hope they give you lots of help and advice.🙂Bev

Lou - glad you have got a new appointment with a different person. Make sure you take your diary along, and take a list of questions. I have come out of appointments annoyed I forgot to ask things so many times.

you got a sound recorder on your phone ..you could ask their permission to tape the consultation so you can listen back...or just tape the advice stuff....lou you have come so far in the last few weeks you deserve some proper advice and care...make sure you are not too shy to ask until you understand fully xxxx good luck hun you got a little while to prepare yourself and we will all help you as much as we can xxxxx

Is your fianc? going with you? Moral support and another person will often remember things that might wash over you if you are anxious or nervous.

Yeah he wants to and I'm not going to stop him, the more he knows the better! =)

What questions should I ask?

Yeah he wants to and I'm not going to stop him, the more he knows the better! =)

What questions should I ask?

Hi Lou,

I would ask the following :

If I am high - how do i know how much to correct by?
How can I work out my ratio for each meal per day?
Am I a type 1 or a type 2?
How do I know if my basal is correct? (slow acting insulin)
Can I go on a carb counting course?
Can I see a dietician?

Those are off the top of my head - I am sure you have more detailed ones Lou!🙂Bev🙂

I got none lol my heads just spinning when i try and think.

Excellent Lou, I'm so happy for you. Take the other half with you definitely, he can learn to carb count as well.

I love Bev's questions.

Take diary or start a new one from today so you have a few weeks worth of readings and amounts etc etc. They may need to work out the previous 5 days totals so make sure you have everything written down including any corrections.

Keep going, chin up, you are just doing absolutely brilliantly.

🙂🙂

I've only been doing this a short while but every time I've gone to see Nursey I've written the questions down on a scrap of paper, and each time they say have a look at your list and ask me the next one! So start with what Bev has said and write them down, ask the fella if he wants to ask anything and write them down too, or he can have his own list, and do as Adrienne says about a diary. And don't be afraid to ask the most stupid (in your opinion) questions, becasue they won't be stupid questions, it's all about you your health etc etc so all important not stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back