Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayshiftin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I got the libre2 on trial yesterday .
No trouble putting it on almost painless much less than my finger pricks.
The sensor goes off a few times as i don't take my phone and I'm out if range. Then partly during the night the battery on my phone died.
So i have a few things to kearn. No alarms as in normal but high range .
The good news is that its in range but higher than my finger test monitor. i was in the 9s this morning.
I am in a lot of pain as the rain always affects arthritis . Even though I walked about shops I guess not as much as you do in the dry weather.
Still doing low carb.
My thought was people said their Cgm made their hypos lower so always check. So for me to be higher is not what i expected. Its back to 9.3 now . Not best pleased.

Hello, how exciting that you got a trial for Libre 2, it takes some time to get used to.

With higher glucose levels, your finger pricks this could be due to the sensor only being started recently.
Also instead of measuring blood, it measures intestinal fluid so will be a bit different to what your blood reading would be.

How much difference is there?

Hello, how exciting that you got a trial for Libre 2, it takes some time to get used to.

With higher glucose levels, your finger pricks this could be due to the sensor only being started recently.
Also instead of measuring blood, it measures intestinal fluid so will be a bit different to what your blood reading would be.

How much difference is there?

i guess not a lot just this instance i took finger thats 7.8 and my sensor is 9.1
i have had my coffee so that always puts me up in the morning to around that . I have accepted that is okay for me . Coffee i love and would only give up if there is none.
It does come down before lunch but i am eager to see most when i get unexplained sugar dumps .
However if 9 now im scared it will go over ten at some point.
Its a trial so exciting.
I have now found this thread as they kindly moved this. Thank you moderator i also read that orhers too find it high.
Those that know me know i worry needlessly.
i have got this though i will keep on the diet as it helps.

Libre generally exaggerates the highs and the lows, so it will usually read slightly higher than a finger prick above 8 and lower than a finger prick below 4. Those are rough guidelines and they can be significantly higher or lower if your levels are changing fast. I tend to only double check it's "comparison to a finger prick when my levels are nice and stable in the mid 5s or 6s for at least half an hour with no insulin or food in my system impacting my levels or recent exercise affecting them.

Libre generally exaggerates the highs and the lows, so it will usually read slightly higher than a finger prick above 8 and lower than a finger prick below 4. Those are rough guidelines and they can be significantly higher or lower if your levels are changing fast. I tend to only double check it's "comparison to a finger prick when my levels are nice and stable in the mid 5s or 6s for at least half an hour with no insulin or food in my system impacting my levels or recent exercise affecting them.
Thanks , Its gone down to 6.8 which I am happy with so Ill get used to the 9”s again as long as it comes down .
i don't take insulin so unlikely to get really low as type 2 it is the highs I have to watch out for.
I have done well so far I am not going back to it high.

Wow that did not last long told to apply new sensor today. What it tells me is that after i war it goes down t thenna huge spike if you eat wrongly. Most i know from the two hour and somethings cone down quicker than others.
it did not work overnight so that told me nowt about dawn phenomena . Sensor failed not worth the expense for me .

It was a free trial . However if they do nit even last a week then I will say unlikely to buy. So i will leave it.

Many of the problems with Libre are solved by more regular use because what often happens is that the sensor gets caught on clothing when dressing/undressing or on doorframes or the application process/skin prep didn't quite go as well as it does once you have used it a while. If the sensor lifts slightly because it has caught on something or the adhesive bond to the skin has weakened, then the sensor lifts a little bit and then the filament kinks when it is pushed back down, even if the sensor has not come right off or even not obviously loose, and once the filament kinks, it starts to fail and taping it back down won't help..... tried that a couple of times. It doesn't matter that it is the free trial, you are still at liberty to report it as not having lasted the full 14 days and they should replace it. You are entitled to do that and Abbott want people to have a positive experience but part of the nature of the thing is that it takes time to find the best placement and practice as regards application where it won't snag on things. I had a few come loose in the early days, caught on clothing, a door frame, I scrubbed one loose in the shower, reaching into a feed bin up at the stables. I gradually found ways to improve the adhesion and for me it has been a life changing bit of technology. I appreciate that it may be less critical in it's benefit to you, but I still think you should report the problem and give it another try, assuming they replace it which I expect they will.

For the first time in nearly a year I caught mine the other night pulling a long sleeve shirt off and I felt the adhesive pull hard at my skin like a sharp nip and one side of the sensor adhesive is slightly pulled away.. I thought I had got away with it as it is still working but I have had some unusually persistent low readings which did check out with finger pricks but it has knocked my otherwise rock solid confidence in it so I am double checking it a lot more than my usual 1 or 2 finger pricks a fortnight until my new sensor gets started next Sunday. Just saying even with a lot of experience, we can still accidentally dislodge it occasionally, but definitely a lot more likely to happen with the first few sensors you use.

Many of the problems with Libre are solved by more regular use because what often happens is that the sensor gets caught on clothing when dressing/undressing or on doorframes or the application process/skin prep didn't quite go as well as it does once you have used it a while. If the sensor lifts slightly because it has caught on something or the adhesive bond to the skin has weakened, then the sensor lifts a little bit and then the filament kinks when it is pushed back down, even if the sensor has not come right off or even not obviously loose, and once the filament kinks, it starts to fail and taping it back down won't help..... tried that a couple of times. It doesn't matter that it is the free trial, you are still at liberty to report it as not having lasted the full 14 days and they should replace it. You are entitled to do that and Abbott want people to have a positive experience but part of the nature of the thing is that it takes time to find the best placement and practice as regards application where it won't snag on things. I had a few come loose in the early days, caught on clothing, a door frame, I scrubbed one loose in the shower, reaching into a feed bin up at the stables. I gradually found ways to improve the adhesion and for me it has been a life changing bit of technology. I appreciate that it may be less critical in it's benefit to you, but I still think you should report the problem and give it another try, assuming they replace it which I expect they will.

For the first time in nearly a year I caught mine the other night pulling a long sleeve shirt off and I felt the adhesive pull hard at my skin like a sharp nip and one side of the sensor adhesive is slightly pulled away.. I thought I had got away with it as it is still working but I have had some unusually persistent low readings which did check out with finger pricks but it has knocked my otherwise rock solid confidence in it so I am double checking it a lot more than my usual 1 or 2 finger pricks a fortnight until my new sensor gets started next Sunday. Just saying even with a lot of experience, we can still accidentally dislodge it occasionally, but definitely a lot more likely to happen with the first few sensors you use.
Thanks .
yes it not only that but the sensor i feel does not pick up the wifi overnight and connection is dropped.
It taught me a few things .

You can pick up all your overnight levels just by scanning in the morning and with not being on insulin, you don't need to worry about high or low alarms, you just want the data to give you information. I have an old iphone that I bought second hand and I found that the connection dropped out overnight sometimes, so I went back to the reader which I have to scan with anyway but is just easier because it is small and neat to hold and when my mind is fuddled with a hypo, I don't have to think how to use it, I just know but you can use the phone in the same way, just scan it every 8 hours to download the data from the sensor and of course any other time you want to check your levels if it isn't receiving the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back