new boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

type2boy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all. New member here. Have had type 2 for 16yrs now. No real complications as yet. This is a bit strange maybe, i have had very itchy legs ans ankles on both legs. My doctor diagnosed a fungal infection and was given a topical cream (trimovet) i think it,s named. That has helped tremendously, The itchy part is caused by too much yeast in the blood. Apparently it,s caused by Diabetes condition. Has anyone else had same syndrom?
Regards type2boy.

Yes but didn't know it was diabetes related, worst for me after showers, moisturising cream helps. Also have fungal infection under toenail, interesting, lack of blood flow to extremities maybe, can still feel toes though.

I doubt it's an infection of yeast in the blood. That's quite serious.

High blood sugar can make people with T2D more susceptible to skin infections.

I did have itchy skin before I was diagnosed, but it went away when I got blood sugar under control and haven't had it all for a few years now.

You say you’re itchy but is there a visible rash? If so what does it look like. @harbottle is correct yeast in the blood would require hospital treatment so I’d get a little more clarity on that one.

Have you changed your detergent as it could be an allergic reaction.
I had a bad skin reaction, a rash all down the front of my leg, to the dressing that was used following my knee surgery. My GP prescribed hydrocortisone and fusidic acid cream and antihistamines which did the trick but took a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back