new blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi guys

I'm diving in. New blog: http://www.wavingdrowning.wordpress.com .

I kept a blog for 18 months before E's diagnosis. It went out the window soon after. Been wanting to start another for ages.

3 posts in and it's feeling like me again.

Feel like I'm breaking cover! Oh well. In time this forum will get LOTS of coverage. Just vital.

Best!

xxoo

cool 🙂 wordpress is brill isn't it?

Excellent Patricia, great read. 🙂

Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between a blog and Facebook. Not that I use things like that.

Great stuff Patricia! If you'd like me to put a clickable link in your signature, please let me know.🙂 I do like the appearance of Wordpress blogs, the templates seem much 'classier'! I'm working on my own template for my Blogger blog, but if it doesn't work out I may have to migrate...

And a Stevie Smith fan too. Great Blog.

Patricia,

Absolutely the best! I love it! I will find time to read this, no offence to anyone who does a blog, but i just dont have the time to look at them. But this will be on the list to read. I love the poem too - brought a tear to my eye. I am looking forward to any entries about how other family members dont really understand the devastation and feeling of helplessness a diagnosis of diabetes brings with it. (if you ever write that sort of thing). I will show it to my family as you put things so eloquently. Thanks Patricia - a great read.🙂

Also has a nice look to it.🙂Bev

None taken...cough...spit..

Northe - dont be like that! If i read everything i REALLY wanted to read i wouldnt have time to look after the family! Your blog is great too - i have read it! I think i am attracted to P's because she is coming from the same perspective as i am - a parent/carer etc..🙂🙂:DBev x

Northe - dont be like that! If i read everything i REALLY wanted to read i wouldnt have time to look after the family! Your blog is great too - i have read it! I think i am attracted to P's because she is coming from the same perspective as i am - a parent/carer etc..🙂🙂:DBev x

I was only winding you up Bev, you and all the parents are terrific - I just hope you find some time for yourselves occasionally.🙂

Great stuff Patricia, Ive just read the whole thing! 🙂

Ive waited a long time to see you do this and it is a breath a fresh air to know that you have finally done what you always had inside of you to do...it just took some time.

Was wondering, will E be tuning in?

x

Everyone: hey thanks. Gee shucks.

Lou, for goodness sake don't make me cry so early in the morning! As you rightly suspect though -- it has been a process for me to get here. I'm not sure why really. Other than some things just knock all parts of your life flat flat out...and somehow that takes confidence with it...

ANYWAY.

Bev: yes, I want to write that bit. Gulp. Will need to build up to it.

Will E be reading: yes, probably. He read my last one pretty regularly... Certainly I will tell him, and it will be his choice. I do know that he feels almost guilty that our lives are so concerned with *his* condition. We try hard to keep a balance, but there's no getting round the fact that the balance has shifted generally. This is hard for him to accept; he feels bad that we struggle in any way. So I'm not sure how engaged he'll want to be. Up to him really...

Thanks Northerner, want to take you up on everything! Will be in touch. And everyone else -- yes wordpress has a bit of a classy edge! (Ha!) BUT I also half killed myself looking for a decent header photo, without copyright etc...

There are also ways to change font colour and sizing by using some CSS (CCS? Whatever) but I just can't go there yet...

Anyway. Thanks all. Would love to see you there. And DO leave comments -- the last blog quite often had running conversations on it, and this makes it more fulfilling not just for me but I also think for people who come by -- more depth...

xxoo

Will be bookmarking and having a read. I really admire anyone who can keep up a blog, I checked mine a few days ago and haven't posted since April I think.
I hope it is therapeutic for you to write.

Hi Patricia

I have added your blog to my favourites and plan to keep up. Lovely to see your photo. Pleased to meet you!

Mand x 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back