Neuropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akasha

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Not sure if i spelt the correct.

Anyways, What does it feel like when you have it?

Hi there i just got told i have it in my feet last week, it is weird sensations like tingling in your feet and sharp pains that sometimes make it hell to walk on your foot, also a burning sensation on your foot and it being very sensitive to touch, even if my dog brushes past me by my feet i jump.

Mine is more that I have loss of sensation in my feet (except when I stub my toe!).

My toes have a tendency to tingle when I'm in bed too, but not badly enough to affect my sleep.

Andy

Mine is more that I have loss of sensation in my feet (except when I stub my toe!).

My toes have a tendency to tingle when I'm in bed too, but not badly enough to affect my sleep.

Andy

Andy when you go in the bath can you feel the hot water?

I think it's one of those things that can have huge variations. Sometimes my big toes go numb, sometimes I get a sharp stabbing pain as though someone was pricking them hard with a needle. It doesn't happen often with me, and not bad enough to really worry about. When you get it in your feet and hands it's called peripheral neuropathy. The worst and scriest kind (in my view) is autonomic neuropathy - the autonomic system is what keeps out heart, lungs and digestive system working without any conscious effrt on our part. With autonomic neuropathy, this can become disrupted so, for example, your heart might suddenly slow or start racing - very scary!

Mine is soles of my feet numbness. OK when walking on flat, but gotta be careful coming down steps/stairs. Not good when you work on a 6 storey building site, but like everything else with this, just take care

When I was researching this subject I came across this website that gives a full explanation of diabetic neuropathy.

http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/neuropathies/

Ask to be referred to a podiatrist should you be concerned about your feet, a few years back I thought I had the start of neuropathy in the foot and it turned out to be athletes foot after a visit to the podiatrist. Toby.

Andy when you go in the bath can you feel the hot water?

I haven't thought about it, I'm afraid, but I think so.

I haven't lost all sensation in my feet and my circulation is still OK. But I tend to run the bath using the mixer tap and make sure it's the right temperature by holding my hand under it first anyway as a matter of course (I dislike really hot baths!).

Andy 🙂

My main symptom is burning sensations in my feet. I also get tingling and sharps pains. I get pain if I don't have even pressure on my feet. For example if I put my foot down and it is half on my rug and half off I get pain like I am standing on a brick or something. Sorry bit difficult to explain that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back