Neuropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloss

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi, I am type2 diabetic currently in remission but suffering from cold toes during the day and burning, tingling feet at night which is keeping me awake. Any suggestions would be welcome.

I’ve had very similar issues and went to see my GP who totally dismissed any concerns I had. I took matters into my own hands and bought myself some compression socks and the burning (jumping) pains have gone. I’ve still got cold feet though.

I don’t wear them every day, just when I think about it. Maybe a couple of times a week for a few hours.

I used to suffer badly with the tingly feet at night, but after going on Gabapentin i don't suffer with it anymore x

I have also mentioned this issue many times at my diabetic review and was given the impression that it's just something to put up with. I don't really want to take more tablets (although they've not been offered) as I already take tablets for other conditions with various side effects. Do you wear the compression socks during the day or at night when the pain is at its worst. Thankyou for your reply

I’ve had very similar issues and went to see my GP who totally dismissed any concerns I had. I took matters into my own hands and bought myself some compression socks and the burning (jumping) pains have gone. I’ve still got cold feet though.

I don’t wear them every day, just when I think about it. Maybe a couple of times a week for a few hours.
First good nights sleep for months . Wore compression socks in bed. Thank you Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back