neuropathy treatments

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray6

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone,
I am looking for help to reduce neuropathy pain at night to get some sleep, Any help will be appreciated.

Welcome @ray6 🙂 Sorry you’re having problems with neuropathy. Can I ask a little more about your diabetes? Are you on any diabetes medication, and if so, which one(s)? And do you test your own blood sugar at home? Keeping tight control can help neuropathy.

Also, have you spoken to your GP for advice? On occasions, vitamin deficiencies can cause symptoms.

Thank you Inka. sorry for delay. I take linagliptin and canaglifoxin. I test mornings and evenings. I have now been able to talk to my doctor and get my last Hba1c which was 52. She has prescribed amitriptyline for the neuropathy.
would be pleased to know if anyone has experience of this or alternative treatment.

Thank you Inka. sorry for delay. I take linagliptin and canaglifoxin. I test mornings and evenings. I have now been able to talk to my doctor and get my last Hba1c which was 52. She has prescribed amitriptyline for the neuropathy.
would be pleased to know if anyone has experience of this or alternative treatment.
I’ve been on amitryptaline for a few years to get my balance into line. I have a weird type of migraine that affects balance and Sickness. I have nerve pain but I’ve got opioids to help as I’m a chronic pain sufferer. it can help with pain. I had gabapentin for nerve pain but the weight gain and drowsiness was awful And I’m positive it was the cause of leg cramps.

If the neuropathy pain is in your lower legs and feet, I would recommend a TENS machine, or even two dual channel machines. They aren’t expensive, less than £30 each. Beats taking stronger drugs that have side effects, and more effective. I use mine now for arthritic pain, but in the past have used it for the extreme muscle discomfort caused by my PLS (a non diabetic rare neurological progressive decay).

I now rarely use the Tramadol I’m prescribed because the high strength CBD oil capsules I take regularly have significantly reduced the need for extravagant pain relievers that put my brain on a different planet. They are expensive, though that doesn’t worry me, but it is a barrier to many people. They work on any neuropathic symptoms for most people, and don’t have any side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back